Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Khadas Tone Board - Tune Sound quality
Last Saturday I replaced the RPI 3B + with the RPI 4B 4Gb, I installed the new version 6.4 of MoOde and I solved the problem.
Now I am a very happy user of MoOde that in the configuration of my hifi system has a better sound quality than Foobar.

I have only one problem with the power supply that generates a background noise but this has nothing to do with MoOde.
I used several power supplies, even good ones, like Allo, but the only one that eliminates this problem is a Samsung A40 battery charger.
If any user of the forum had a product to recommend to me I would be grateful.

Thank you for all your advice.

Massimo
(01-10-2020, 05:56 PM)liv_s Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 02:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: A minor issue with the KTB is the noticeable but mild audio "pop" I get if my amplifier is on when I power-cycle my moOde player. That's fixable; I've just been too lazy busy to do it.

Regards,
Kent

Kent,

Did you have time for the fix?

Thank you.

No, sorry. I've got some IRL issues which continue to have higher priority than this, a FLIRC-handler mod, and some other moOde-related ideas I have.

Regards,
Kent
(12-02-2019, 12:41 PM)happymax Wrote: Last Saturday I replaced the RPI 3B + with the RPI 4B 4Gb, I installed the new version 6.4 of MoOde and I solved the problem.
Now I am a very happy user of MoOde that in the configuration of my hifi system has a better sound quality than Foobar.

I have only one problem with the power supply that generates a background noise but this has nothing to do with MoOde.
I used several power supplies, even good ones, like Allo, but the only one that eliminates this problem is a Samsung A40 battery charger.
If any user of the forum had a product to recommend to me I would be grateful.

Thank you for all your advice.

Massimo

Hi Massimo. Can you describe that problem? Does it affect the sound quality?

I have been using moodeaudio for years. First with an IQaudio pi dac+ and now with an Allo Boss Dac 1.2. In both cases my experience has been wonderful.

Now im thinking on buying the Khadas Tone Board. I have the Rpi 3b and the Rpi 4 4gb. As power supplies I own both, the rpi 3 and rpi 4 official ones, and the Ifi Ipower (now feeding the allo boss dac).

Have you tried the khadas tone board with the Rpi 3b with the last version of moodeaudio?

Thanks for your time!
@cuchucabrera

No problem here using the Khadas Tone Board with moOde on either RPi3B+ or RPi4B. I'm using "official" power supplies and not hearing background noise.

Regards,
Kent

@cuchucabrera

I had the problem of background noise both with RPI3+ and with RPI4 4 gb and a power supply Allo therefore of good quality than with one purchased on amazon specific for RB4. 
I solved the problem using a Samsung A40 mobile phone power supply that I still use today.

To solve the problem of sound quality I replaced RPI3 with RPI4 and at the same time I installed Moode 6.4 (on RPI3 I used version 6.3). So I don't know if installing Moode 6.4 on RPI3 I would have solved it anyway.

Now with Moode 6.4 on RPI4, Khadas board and a simply Samsung A40 mobile phone power supply the sound quality is perfect in my hifi system.

Massimo