Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Change custom Radio Station name on Favorites list?
Hi there!
It's my first post here, so above all - Thank you for such a great RPi distro! It's working really good for me, listening everyday actually  Smile

What is a bit irritating for me though, is that I have added some additional radio stations via "New station" + button, which I later added to my list of Favorites.
The issue is - that some of them has IP addresses as urls (or meaningless DNS names), so when having couple of such, it's becoming hard to navigate which one is which.

Is there any way to edit the Radio Station names on "Favorites" playlist? (it seems there's no such way via the UI, but maybe on the config files on server itself?)
I'm using the latest version, 6.3.0.
Photo 
(12-26-2019, 12:36 AM)duracell80 Wrote: Pulling up the network fileshares on a PC should allow you to access the playlists folder where you can load the list in a text editor like notepad++ to make those changes.

Thanks for the answer. I can edit the playlist .m3u file as you mentioned to change the order or URL of the station, but all the custom ones will still show up in the UI as 'Radio Station'.

Here's what I mean:
[Image: 5MRp99e.png]

As you can see the 4 manually added stations are listed as URLs and "Radio station", which makes it hard to remember which one is which (especially for the last two).
Guys, it's not the .m3u playlist that's the problem. Whether a pre-defined station or a user-defined station, the entry in the playlist file is the same, just a URL. Nothing to edit.

It appears /var/www/js/playerlib.js is emitting the string "Radio Station" because it thinks the station name is undefined in the data array returned from the backend.

I haven't had time to trace backward into the backend code to see why this happens for user-defined stations (I have my suspicion, but ....). If you're eager you can trace it yourself.

Regards,
Kent
@Whizzo

A quick workaround is to disable "extra metadata". 

Click the m-icon and choose "Appearance" -> Other options -> "Show extra metadata" > Select NO.

The radio station name is preserved (at least for me)
(01-02-2020, 03:54 PM)ksone Wrote: @Whizzo

A quick workaround is to disable "extra metadata". 

Click the m-icon and choose "Appearance" -> Other options -> "Show extra metadata" > Select NO.

The radio station name is preserved (at least for me)

Interesting. That's a great clue!

Regards,
Kent
(11-26-2019, 02:58 PM)Whizzo Wrote: Hi there!
It's my first post here, so above all - Thank you for such a great RPi distro! It's working really good for me, listening everyday actually  Smile

What is a bit irritating for me though, is that I have added some additional radio stations via "New station" + button, which I later added to my list of Favorites.
The issue is - that some of them has IP addresses as urls (or meaningless DNS names), so when having couple of such, it's becoming hard to navigate which one is which.

Is there any way to edit the Radio Station names on "Favorites" playlist? (it seems there's no such way via the UI, but maybe on the config files on server itself?)

Dump the cfg_radio table and verify that rows exist for each of the stations you added via the UI and that the columns are correctly populated..

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_radio where id>499"

pi@rp3:~ $ sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db ".schema" | grep cfg_radio
CREATE TABLE cfg_radio (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, station CHAR (128), name CHAR (128), type CHAR (8), logo CHAR (128));

The type column will have a "u" for user added stations and the id's will be > 499.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Sidebar comment: The M3U file format is correct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

What you seem to be finding is that if the favorites file is in Extended M3U format with station names carried in an appropriately named comment then moOde (MPD actually) can use them.
The MPD "save" command is used to write an m3u playlist file from entries in MPD queue. Since the MPD queue only has URL's and file paths that's all that's written.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-18-2020, 01:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 02:58 PM)Whizzo Wrote: Hi there!

Dump the cfg_radio table and verify that rows exist for each of the stations you added via the UI and that the columns are correctly populated..

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_radio where id>499"

pi@rp3:~ $ sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db ".schema" | grep cfg_radio
CREATE TABLE cfg_radio (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, station CHAR (128), name CHAR (128), type CHAR (8), logo CHAR (128));

The type column will have a "u" for user added stations and the id's will be > 499.

Hey Tim, thanks for looking it up.
The cfg_radio table seems to be correct actually:
Code:
# sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select * from cfg_radio where id>499"
500|http://www.rmfon.pl/n/rmfclassic.pls|RMF Classic|u|local
501|http://chi-net-01.cdn.eurozet.pl:8900/listen.pls|Chilli Zet|u|local
502|http://ant-waw-01.cdn.eurozet.pl:8602/listen.pls|AntyRadio|u|local
503|http://192.99.18.107:8106/listen.pls|Salsa Mexico|u|local
504|http://stream.polandrockfestival.pl:8000/listen.pls|Pol'and'Rock Radio|u|local