Thank you for your donation!

Idea: No renderers, still info in System Information list
Hi,

Even though none of the renderers are active (no BT, no Airplay, no Spotify, no Squeezelite), I still get a lot of information about it in the System Information list. That doesn't really bother me, but wouldn't it be nice to indicate in this info list that these renderers are inactivated (by some symbol, by some color, by using italics, whatever….), or (and that's maybe a bit drastic) to leave the info out if it's not relevant because inactive?

Thx,
J
Bad sound kills good music
RPi 3B+  |  Allo Katana with Isolator (SQ)  |  2x AudioPhonics LPSU25  |  NAD C368  |  BeyerDynamic DT 1770 Pro  |  Synology DS712+ with DX513
You see where it says "OFF" next to each feature not in use ?? ;-)

If the info was left out 1) Users would want more info. 2)Users would not be aware of some features.
:-)
There is a summary section that shows the on/off state of the renderers etc.

Code:
A U D I O   P A R A M E T E R S

Audio device        = Allo Katana DAC
Interface        = I2S
Mixer name        = Master
Hardware volume        = Controller detected
Max ALSA volume        = 100
Audio source        = Local
Output device        = Local
Resume MPD        = No
Volume knob        = 14
Volume mute        = Unmuted
Saved MPD vol        = 0
Preamp volume        = 0
ALSA version        = 1.1.8-1+rpt1
SoX version        = 0.1.2-3

Bluetooth controller    = Off
Pairing agent        = Off
Airplay receiver    = On
Spotify receiver    = Off
Squeezelite        = Off
UPnP client        = Off
DLNA server        = Off
GPIO button handler    = Off
UPnP browser        = Off

Auto-shuffle        = Off
Autoplay        = On
Rotary encoder        = Off
Encoder params        = 100 2 3 23 24
Polarity inversion    = Off
Crossfeed        = Off
Crossfade        = Off
Parametric EQ        = Off
Graphic EQ        = Off
MPD httpd        = Off
I meant further down in the list.
All the info you see here is useless to me because everything is deactivated….
The fact that it's a html file, I think the easiest way to deal with it is to give it a different color (grey in stead of black?)

(11-28-2019, 09:18 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: You see where it says "OFF" next to each feature not in use ?? ;-)

If the info was left out 1) Users would want more info.  2)Users would not be aware of some features.
:-)

Why would I want more info about something that isn't there?

Code:
A U D I O   P A R A M E T E R S

Bluetooth controller = Off
Pairing agent = Off
Airplay receiver = On
Spotify receiver = Off
Squeezelite = Off
UPnP client = Off
DLNA server = Off
GPIO button handler = Off
UPnP browser = Off

All this can stay in, but why more info about for instance Spotify if it isn't there?
RPi 3B+  |  Allo Katana with Isolator (SQ)  |  2x AudioPhonics LPSU25  |  NAD C368  |  BeyerDynamic DT 1770 Pro  |  Synology DS712+ with DX513
Sysinfo's main purpose is to document all the important settings. I tend to agree with @DRONE7 that omitting sections because the feature is simply turned off might cause confusion.

There is a Features Availability Bitmask that can be used to control whether a particular feature is visible in the UI. For example if you are never ever, ever going to use Spotify and don't want to see it in the UI or in System info then you can set the bitmask to the appropriate value and Spotify will disappear.

-Tim
Weird way of thinking...

So, when I turn off the airco, you still need to know if the air is warm or cold, what temperature is set, if the blades are moving or not, if the timerfunction is activated..... and so on?
For me when the aitco is off, I have no more interest in that kind of info....

Or when I switch of the cruise control in my car, do I still want to know what speed it is set? Or at what the distance my car will start breaking when the car in front of me gets too close? No, and why not? because the cruise control is off...

Really, weird way of thinking....

But it's OK, it was a weird remark of me after all.
Well, I need a way to see all the important settings in one snapshot regardless of whether a setting is on or off. Also leaving all the sections in place enables easy debugging of the Sysinfo script itself. The last bug was in the Airplay section.
(11-30-2019, 04:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Well, I need a way to see all the important settings in one snapshot regardless of whether a setting is on or off. Also leaving all the sections in place enables easy debugging of the Sysinfo script itself. The last bug was in the Airplay section.

That first sentence resonates with me. I think the snapshot should be a diagnostic tool. If users post the output (unedited please!)  then others can quickly grasp the current status without having to fill in the missing bits from memory.

Regards,
Kent