Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Youtube-DL
Hi Every Body,
I'm really a newbie in Moode Audio solution, I'm using the lastest version with the Allo DigitOne Player.
I would like to send some internet stream to Moode (MPD), for listening a podcast or a youtube song.
I'm wondering if it's ok to install youtube-dl on the pi ? and push url from a MPD Client ?
List of packages modified or added are available below :
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo apt-get install youtube-dl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
 libdvdnav4 libdvdread4 liblua5.2-0 libva-wayland1 mpv python3-pkg-resources rtmpdump
Suggested packages:
 libdvdcss2 python3-setuptools
The following NEW packages will be installed:
 libdvdnav4 libdvdread4 liblua5.2-0 libva-wayland1 mpv python3-pkg-resources rtmpdump youtube-dl
0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,075 kB of archives.
After this operation, 7,982 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
Podcasting works pretty well, from Moode interface like a normal Radio URL or by using a client like gmpclient, add url like the one below
http://rf.proxycast.org/1432470654304657...3566-6.mp3
(French Podcast from FranceInter Radio : 2 Channels, 44,1 kHz, 128 kbps)
Usually URL of podcasting are available from rss feeds so it will be interesting to have a screen to convert rss feeds entry to a play entries.
For Youtube, we need a decoder for the stream ...
Quote:Compose a file with the first stream as a message that appears in Moode's player.
Compose..Message...Player...?

Maybe it would be useful to make this a FAQ Guide in the appropriate sub-forum... Cool

Perhaps with a cli step by step how-to.... Smile

Looking forward to the simple how-to... Big Grin
----------
bob
Well done !
How are the url's obtained?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Where does the original playlist come from?

I'm trying to understand if the process has manual steps where something has to be copied/pasted from Youtube.
Enjoy the Music!
It seems a lot more complicated in comparison to using native Youtube and streaming it to moOde over Airplay or Bluetooth. You also get the video using this approach :-)
Enjoy the Music!
I was with you until Bob Ross......:-)
Well.... ok....actually somewhere before "hours of piano" and anything thereafter.... lol
----------
bob
Ok, I see the usage scenario. Seems valid. I'll check out the HowTo and then go from there.
Enjoy the Music!
Great, thanks. Whats the 30 secs per item pre-processing after adding the PL to the queue?
Enjoy the Music!