Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID?
Thanks!
Yes, there is a problem with the home network, but it is beyond me to try to even understand it.

Upstairs is via an ethernet cable from the router, through an ethernet switch, then through another ethernet cable to an access point to give upstairs WiFi

Both the access point and the Router have the same SSID
I did this because otherwise the phones seemed to 'hang on' to the downstairs wifi when I went upstairs even when upstairs was much much stronger

However, when an RPi Moode box connected to upstairs Wifi, the LMS RPi (connected to downstairs Wifi) couldn't see it (Although I could see it via the web interface on the Laptop when connected to downstair WiFi)

Perhaps I should be trying to see why the visibility problem is there, or is it inevitable with the setup I have?

w.r.t Tim's solution, do I have to first boot up the RPi close to the router or with the access point switched off to ensure connection to the router to generate the PSK and then just change the SSID=xxxx to BSID=XXXXXXXXXXX in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf via ssh?
I am a bit wary of this as if I mess up the wifi connection, how do I get back in to reset it?

I have cheated for now - it was the Moode RPi in the Lounge that was the problem, so I just moved it closer to the router so that it didnt connect to the upstairs Access point   Blush

However, it would be nice to have music upstairs too ....

Leigh

Messages In This Thread
How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID? - by Leigh - 12-07-2019, 11:35 PM
RE: How to connect to specific WiFi BSSID? - by Leigh - 12-08-2019, 08:30 PM