Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Integrated file manager function
(12-13-2019, 10:57 PM)inthemoode Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 10:35 PM)McLaine Wrote: I realize that I have  a folder "Santana" and a folder "Carlos Santana". In order not to switch the application it would be nice if I could cure this by duing it within the application I've already opened (Moode UI).

I know exactly what you mean.  You want to fix the problem as soon as you find it.    

Trouble is this is a lot of work to implement.  It's also not just folders, but metadata/tags that need maintaining and fixing. Probably be better to keep moOde simple in this area.

<<  keep moOde simple >> a key sentence, we tend to forget that MoOde is a Music Player (based on a Linux OS) not an alternative Linux OS... I believe that housekeeping, etc. is best done on a proper OS whatever 'flavour' one is prefering.
(12-14-2019, 04:21 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: <<  keep moOde simple >> a key sentence, we tend to forget that MoOde is a Music Player (based on a Linux OS) not an alternative Linux OS... I believe that housekeeping, etc. is best done on a proper OS whatever 'flavour' one is prefering.

Yep.  Did exactly that this morning.  Accessed the NAS media drive from my Linux Mint desktop file manager, Nemo.  Ran Clementine and pointed it to the same drive so it could build up a database based on the same drive that moOde uses.

I used Clementine to find things that were untidy and needed fixing. Fixed them in Nemo.  Went into moOde and told it to rescan the library - all done.
Yes, please keep moOde simple! I would never allow write access to my mounted music share from a networked player. The best way to handle your music library is to use a propper tagger/organizer like MusicBrainz Picard or similar. If I do any major updates to my library I make sure I have yesterday's backup before I start. Better safe than sorry...