Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Switching between OH-Playlist and Radio sources
@Stephane

Hi.

I've read your description several times and I'm still not sure I understand it exactly. 

It sounds like you are asking about how information is cached in the BubbleDS app. It's true that BubbleDS gets the information from your moOde player (in its role as a Media Server), but that's all done with standard DLNA/UPnP message exchanges. There's no "switch". 

If playlists disappear in BubbleDS when you select the Radio directory while the moOde player is off, then it's because BubbleDS cleared its playlist cache. Obviously the moOde player can't tell it to do that; it's turned off. I think the larger question is, why doesn't BubbleDS clear its Radio directory too? It can't be due to upmpdcli's radio config file in the moOde player because, again, you stipulated the moOde player is off.

Remember, all the moOde Media Server function can do is tell BubbleDS what it has when it is asked. And it can't tell BubbleDS anything when it's off.

Perhaps you can reach out to the BubbleDS developers to get more information about how their app works.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switching between OH-Playlist and Radio sources - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-11-2019, 11:28 PM