Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HDMI Monitor says 'Signal out of range"
amend as below Wink 

disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=1
#hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=on
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
#hdmi_safe=1
----------
bob
Done, so now it boots, displaying a normal looking boot process, then blanks the screen. I might have got the wrong impression, but I thought it would bring up an interface for moOde.
Quote:but I thought it would bring up an interface for moOde.

confused here ...you seem to alternate between wanting a cli output and a GUI....

as previous....

Quote:in system config tab have you turned on the local display option ?

Or do you just want a terminal display ?
OK, went to the shed...found an HDMI monitor ...came inside..plugged to Pi reboot with the following
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=1
#hdmi_blanking=1
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio,glb_mclk
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
arm_64bit=1

and in the system configuration tab....HDMI ON and Local Display ON
Reboot....and WAIT.... screen comes up to MoOde GUI interface.

So, agree with Tim...all good and must be something at your end....check your cables Wink
----------
bob
(12-12-2019, 06:55 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote:but I thought it would bring up an interface for moOde.

confused here ...you seem to alternate between wanting a cli output and a GUI....

as previous....

Quote:in system config tab have you turned on the local display option ?

Or do you just want a terminal display ?

OK, the starting point was that I thought you could burn a Moode image,  put it in a pi, plug in a keyboard mouse and screen, and turn it on, then set up the Wifi to connect to the network, and you'd be up and running.   Sort of like you can do with Raspbian.

I have never tried the above, I usually plug the pi into an ethernet port, or use it's private Wifi AP to connect initially and set it up via a browser.  Knowing that it can connect to a locally installed LCD display and be controlled from there, I also thought it could connect to a local HDMI connected display and be controlled from there too.

I was wrong?

I was trying to find a simple way for someone not too knowledgeable with networking to get it up and running just using a monitor keyboard and mouse.  Connecting to a special Wifi AP, and setting to connect to the main home Wifi, losing connection, switching back etc confuses the heck out of a lot of people.   Also, plugging into an ethernet port, then trying to find out the IP address by looking at the router/dhcp server, also makes them glaze over Smile
Oh yes, and I did turn on local display in system config as you suggested.
Hang on - It's now working.
(12-12-2019, 07:14 AM)inthemoode Wrote: Hang on - It's now working.

Wink

Quote:Also, plugging into an ethernet port, then trying to find out the IP address by looking at the router/dhcp server, also makes them glaze over

Got an android phone ?  the 'Fing" app will do that for you Smile
----------
bob
I had left the rpi rebooted and blank screened. I just switched my keyboard and mouse back to the rpi and as soon as I touched a key, up came the display on the monitor. I had hit many keys before when testing without result. Maybe I confused the system with switching USB keyboards around, but linux normally tolerates that fine.

Anyway, I will now collate all the changes and I'll know what to do next time. Thanks so much for all the help
(12-12-2019, 07:17 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Got an android phone ?  the 'Fing" app will do that for you Smile

Brilliant.  I will tell them about this Fing.  Easiest way yet! Thanks again
These two System Config options have to be ON for a locally attached HDMI display.

- HDMI port
- Local UI display

Revert to a stock /boot/config.txt unless you know with certainty that the manually added lines are needed.

A fresh moOde image boots in headless mode (no attached display) which is the most common configuration.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub