Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't hear any sound setting MPD SoX compansating Kernel bug
(12-12-2019, 06:49 PM)doronbehar Wrote: So today I installed MoOde on my Raspberry and I'm thrilled by the design of it and how it looks Smile . After enjoying a 1st song, I tried another MP3 song and I've encountered the horrible white noise issue as described here:

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...ight=noise

And so I've applied the workaround suggested in the 2nd message and the loud white noise was gone. However, I can hear no sound at all now.

I'm using Raspberry Pi 3 with Allo Piano 2.1 DAC and the Kali reclocker.

I tried other bitrates for the SoX resampling and they didn't work...

I hope I've given enough information in order for this to be debugged. Thanks in advance.

Go ahead and do what Tim asked, but I have a background observation.

The specific post you cite describes a workaround for a kernel bug which prevents the Allo product from reproducing audio sampled at 24-bit depth. The workaround consists of padding each 3-byte sample (=24 bits) to a length of 4 bytes (=32 bits). Technically this isn't resampling since all the existing bits stay the same.

But you said "another MP3 song." That's not 24-bit audio. Indeed, since MP3 is a lossy compression technique, it's difficult to assign a notion of a bit depth to MP3-encoded material. If MP3 is the problem then the workaround would not seem to be the answer.

How about looking at both songs---the one that plays and the one that fails to play?

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't hear any sound setting MPD SoX compansating Kernel bug - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-12-2019, 09:05 PM