Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

RPi3 Allo BOSS and SoX settings
I can't go back to the DAC oversampling filters. The improvement with SoX is striking to my ears.
I'm currently testing this but have not made up my mind yet. Also at 32/384 the CPU load goes up 10x on my Pi 3.
(12-21-2019, 07:52 AM)cryptout Wrote: I'm currently testing this but have not made up my mind yet. Also at 32/384 the CPU load goes up 10x on my Pi 3.

What hardware...? MoOde Version ?

What happens if you select 32/*  ?
----------
bob
(12-21-2019, 09:17 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 07:52 AM)cryptout Wrote: I'm currently testing this but have not made up my mind yet. Also at 32/384 the CPU load goes up 10x on my Pi 3.

What hardware...? MoOde Version ?

What happens if you select 32/*  ?

Hardware = Allo USBridge Sig
moOde = 6.4.0

Without resampling it runs at about 2% load, and with 32/384  it's more than 20%. I'm testing 32/* now and it's only a slight increase in load. I'd say from 2% to 3%.
Why are u worried about CPU load?

Are you experiencing audio glitches at a specific CPU load?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-22-2019, 02:45 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why are u worried about CPU load?

-Tim

I'm not worried about CPU to much. I was just looking at htop and saw the 20% increase. No dropouts or glitches so no worries about that. Ever Since I switched the "governor" to "Performance" all the dropouts and glitches are gone and I'm very happy. I just don’t know if I like the sound of resampling so I have not made my mind up about it. This may take a few weeks...
(12-22-2019, 09:10 AM)cryptout Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 02:45 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Why are u worried about CPU load?

-Tim

I'm not worried about CPU to much. I was just looking at htop and saw the 20% increase. No dropouts or glitches so no worries about that. Ever Since I switched the "governor" to "Performance" all the dropouts and glitches are gone and I'm very happy. I just don’t know if I like the sound of resampling so I have not made my mind up about it. This may take a few weeks...

A few years later... and I can confirm that I like SoX upsampling with moOde.  Big Grin

The settings I'm currently use are based on Archimago's Goldilocks settings
I would like to go to 768Khz as this is the highest my DAC can go but I cannot get it stable with out clicks so I'm using 384Khz (adhere to base frequency).