Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ALLO relay attenuator
Hi!
I am using Allo BOS on an RPI3 running Moode 3.8.4. I havent had time to try to build 4 and I am very happy w/ 3.8.4. BUT I am intrigued w/ the idea of the ALLO relay attenuator. I have played around w/ various attenuators in the past and think this might be a good upgrade on the MPD software attenuator.
Does anyone have any experience with this unit? And how to integrate it with MOODE or use an IR remote?
ALLO keeps promising that they are going to integrate w/ MOODE but nothing yet.
Thanks! MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
Allo has to send me a device and an integration guide first. They have Moode Audio mailing address and I offered to integrate the device but never received a sample. Its same for their upcoming Katana DAC. I can't do anything w/o a sample device and an integration guide.

Talk to Allo !

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-23-2018, 12:21 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Allo has to send me a device and an integration guide first. They have Moode Audio mailing address and I offered to integrate the device but never received a sample. Its same for their upcoming Katana DAC. I can't do anything w/o a sample device and an integration guide.

Talk to Allo !

-Tim

Thanks Tim!
I will keep after them. Not that that does any good most of the time!
I have not seen anything about Katana - is this a multi-bit dac? They told me to get back to them in a month about a multi-bit dac. About now!
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
(05-23-2018, 12:21 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Allo has to send me a device and an integration guide first. They have Moode Audio mailing address and I offered to integrate the device but never received a sample. Its same for their upcoming Katana DAC. I can't do anything w/o a sample device and an integration guide.

Talk to Allo !

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Do you have an update on this?
Is Moode V5.1 able to control the Allo Relay Attenuator?

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob,

I actually have one of the Relay Attenuator boards but haven't had the time to develop the interface. If another dev wants to do it I can mail them the board :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub