Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MPD direct access
Hello all,

I'm using Moode audio as a Jukebox in my living room; it runs on a Raspberry PI 3 B+, with an HifiBerry DAC+ board.
Everything works quite nice, with two exceptions:
1 the volume is quite erratic, same problem as for the following thread:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1998
I will try the sugested solution and will report back in the next few days.
However, I can live with that.

2. Accessing my audio library (about 30000 songs, mostly FLAC) is really, really slow.
I'd like to use my family's android smartphones (mine, my wife's and my daughter's one) to control Moode audio, but it is actually impossible.

I tried in the beginning with Chrome, but it hangs and, after a while, crashes (Android kills it); I switched to Puffin browser, but Moode Web UI doesn't work with it, so in the end I switched to UC Browser, which is quite fast (at least it doesn't crash), but still too slow for me.

I would sugggest UC Browser to everyone wanting to speed up Moode Audio interface; but it will not solve the problems with large libraries.

So, my next bet is to interface directly with the MPD daemon, bypassing the Moode Web UI and leaving it only for my PC and for the configuration.

Here is my question: how to interface to MPD directly?
I tried MPDroid on my smartphone and Cantata on my PC (running Debian), and both gave me "Wrong password" when I try to connect to Moode audio MPD daemon using "moodeaudio" password.
I also tried toe new password I set up for pi user (with raspi-config), but it won't work either.

Could anybody here help me connecting to MPD daemon running "under" Moode Audio?
Which is the password?

Thank you in advance!
Quote:Here is my question: how to interface to MPD directly?

You can use any mpd client such as MPDroid, M.A.L.P etc. no username/password required.
(01-02-2020, 11:34 AM)vinnn Wrote:
Quote:Here is my question: how to interface to MPD directly?

You can use any mpd client such as MPDroid, M.A.L.P etc. no username/password required.

Thank you!
It works, my error was to use a password, when it was not needed!
I tried both MPDroiid (which was already installed) and M.A.L.P., and both work just fine.

Next question, now: is there a way to also choose Web Radios (I have my own list set up in Moode Audio) from MPD client?
It would be great to be able to select Music AND radios from the same app.

I know I'm actually asking how NOT to use Moode Audio, but I have to...
because the OS image is just perfect, with the exception (of course, for me) of the GUI.
The radio stations are stored in playlist files which you should find under Playlists.

Moode is a Linux distribution built with a package set geared towards music playback on the Raspberry Pi. Yes it ships its own custom web application but just because you're not using it doesn't mean you aren't using Moode.
After all, the beauty of open source software is that you have the choice to use it the way you want.
(01-02-2020, 03:22 PM)vinnn Wrote: The radio stations are stored in playlist files which you should find under Playlists.

Moode is a Linux distribution built with a package set geared towards music playback on the Raspberry Pi. Yes it ships its own custom web application but just because you're not using it doesn't mean you aren't using Moode.
After all, the beauty of open source software is that you have the choice to use it the way you want.

Thank you again Vinnn,

I'm right now creating playlists for my radio station (start the radio one by one, save the playlist with the right name).
It works.
And I like it.

You expressed exactly what I meant: Moode is the best distribution (in my opinion) for music playback; it even has perfecly integrated bluetooth A2DP receiver (which my daughter loves to use from her smartphone, to play youtube audio).
I simply needed a different GUI.

Thank you for your support!
First, let me say that Tim's radio station selection is fantastic, also because of the sound quality! (With the exception of Frank Zappa, you have to be an absolute fan Wink Tongue

My tip for radio is the Android app "RadioDroid 2". With more than 25,000 radio stations, you can find all stations there that are also available in moode.

RadioDroid 2 (also in English) has direct access to MPD (see screenshot). This means you can search and save these stations (and others you like) as favorites there and send them to moode. The music is not streamed but the URL is sent to moode. Means the same quality !! Volume control ist also supported.

So you have the same stations at home (moode) and on the road.

Best regards
Norbert

@Norbert   That is a very interesting find. I've added it to my phone and will try it later today. Smile 

If the url is sent to Moode then it would be an ideal feature/option to have Moode save that into it's database of stations...

I see it uses Kent's favourite....
http://www.radio-browser.info/gui/#!/
----------
bob
(01-02-2020, 07:56 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: If the url is sent to Moode then it would be an ideal feature/option to have Moode save that into it's database of stations...

Not really / directly because the mood player is playing the station but (on the UI) there is no way to save it.
What you can do is export the URL in RadioDroid 2 and send it per E-Mail/messenger.
Second, the logos are not shown by moode, which is important for some people.

My System runs complete headless, so I can check on the phone what I am listening Cool