Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Playlists workflow
Lightbulb 
I'd love to see a way to add a song to a playlist directly.

In a typical workflow that I'd use, let's say I have created 2 playslists :
- "Smooth music"
- "Party music"

I almost exclusively use MoOde as a random play on all the library, making like an infinite radio with only my files.
When I heard a song that could be added to one of the 2 above playlists, like "digging" sound to dispatch it in playlists, there is no way to add it to a prticular playlist, only favorite it.
It would be very cool to touch/clic on song "..." icon and "Save in a playlist", then a modal appears with all created playlist, and touch/clic one do the job.

The only to do it now is :
- remove all songs in the current playing list but the one I want to keep
- queue the playlist I want to add the song in in the current playing list
- resave playlist
- remove all songs to go back to where I was in the first place

Maybe it could be part of the playlist recode seen in this thread suggestion :
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1942

What do you think ?
It's a good idea :-) but it needs an additional dev to do the work cos the TODO list is way underfunded in terms of financial support as well as human resources.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Yes, I know that too for working in a non profit organisation promotioning FLOSS usages Wink

By the way, I'm curious Tim, what is your setup workflow to dev MoOde ?
I'd like to try some adjustments in the front interface for fun and maybe pleasure Wink
For trivial enhancements and fixes for example adding a mixer name exception for an audio device, correcting help text typos etc I can just make the change directly based on the explanation in the Forum post.

Complex changes for example the Library rewrite by @christopherr require a PR to be created against the moOde repo by the contributing developer so that it can be reviewed and tested.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-06-2020, 12:06 AM)dw4y_ Wrote: I'd love to see a way to add a song to a playlist directly.

In a typical workflow that I'd use, let's say I have created 2 playslists :
- "Smooth music"
- "Party music"

Hey!

That is exactly the way I sort my "everything playlist" to some special playlists like "chill" "breakfast" "party" etc.

This is done very easy and comfortable with the help of an android app called "MPD Remote" from the playstore.
Here by long-tapping the currently playing song in the current playlist a submenu opens with some different options.
One of these options is called "Go to".
If you tap here, you get into a second submenu: "Artist" or "Album".
When you tap "Album" for example it will open a list with all songs of the album the currently playing song is in.
Here you tap on the song, you want to add to a playlist and it opens a further menu.
The last option of this menu is "Add to stored playlist" > there you go! Takes not more than 30 sec.

With this little app (MPD Remote by "independent developer") i love my beloved moode even more !! 
Works fantastic with moode 4.4!
@Tim Curtis : thx, I was much more asking for your software / hardware setup to test frontend changes ? Working through SSH/SFTP ?

@gitarrero : thx too, but I'm on iOS, and I don't know any app to do same, do you ?
(01-08-2020, 09:53 PM)dw4y_ Wrote: @gitarrero : thx too, but I'm on iOS, and I don't know any app to do same, do you ?

I can't try it on my own, but the iOS app "MPDluxe" maybe is the way to go:

"With this app you can play, pause and skip tracks, add tracks to and edit your playlists."

There are more than 10 MPD remote apps on the apple store.
At least one of them can do this task I bet!

I chose MPD-Remote because this app is very slim, fast and only has the few functions I need to manage my playlists..
thx @gitarrero Wink
(01-06-2020, 12:06 AM)dw4y_ Wrote: It would be very cool to touch/clic on song "..." icon and "Save in a playlist", then a modal appears with all created playlist, and touch/clic one do the job.

+1
Well I've tried 3 apps for iOS as you say @gitarrero but none works !
Anyway, I prefer the MoOde web interface Wink