Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Playlists
Hi,

during the weekend I finished the transition away from another audio solution.
So . . .running now a standalone Raspi with HifiBerry AMP+ and -well a kind of a sacrileg-  another Raspi with HiFiBerry DAC feeding even a tube amplifier . . .

Installlation and first hours of testing went just fine ( ok, mass deleting web radio stations and installing my own list is a bit of work )

What I would pretty much like to see is the option to populate playlists dynamically e.g. by Genre. So. . .never forget the latest christmas CD to appear in this years playlist. .  .once in the library ( and with the right Genre ) it would be added to the families x-mas playlist. Well, this goes for other stuff eas well.

cheers
T.
If I never again hear Gene Autry singing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" I'll die a happy man  Tongue 

It's said that Gene himself regretted that recording because forever after that's all every audience wanted to hear. (Of course it probably made him a bundle.) My kids wore out the LP; my grandkids are wearing out iTunes.

Back to your proposal, it sounds like something @duracell80 might find interesting.

Regards,
Kent
:-) well even worse is actually "Last Christmas" but this is banned and on my personal blacklist ( I have to have at least some influence on music selection )
My kids even are to young for LPs instead they messed around with CDs . . . and now time changed at least in that way that we do not have to figure out the right cases for certain CDs after parties etc.

That's why I like these genre based playlists so much. Have the metadata maintained and don't miss a tune. :-)

cheers
Torsten
(01-06-2020, 01:23 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: If I never again hear Gene Autry singing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" I'll die a happy man  Tongue
Regards,
Kent

This may go some way to curing your Carol aversion... Smile 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFYIH2pSYtI

Superbly interpreted, and played, with the added bonus of a simple stereo pair in a wonderful natural acoustic !
----------
bob