Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Album artwork impacted by .AppleDouble sub folders on NAS
I experienced an issue where Moode would not show any artwork for my albums coming from a NAS folder. Tried a lot mentioned in other threads until I resorted to logging in with SSH on my ReadyNas drive and radically removing all .AppleDouble folders from my music share with 

find ./ -depth -name “.AppleDouble” -exec rm -Rf {} \;

and lo and behold.. now they show up after clearing the thumbnail cache and regenerating it.

Not sure if there are other folks with this problem but at least it added a bit of clarity for me: the .AppleDouble folder contains flac files not really being flac files; throwing exceptions inthe thumb generator (and apparently aborting the remaining parent folder as well; I guess)

Works for me; so kind of solved. It would be nice to have an option to simply ignore .AppleDouble folders while scanning though.
(01-07-2020, 09:47 PM)wriezebos Wrote: It would be nice to have an option to simply ignore .AppleDouble folders while scanning though.

You can create an .mpdignore file in the root of your music share containing a list of names and wildcards that mpd needs to ignore e.g.

Code:
echo .AppleDouble >> /path/to/music/.mpdignore

An empty .mpdignore file causes mpd to ignore everything in the location of the file and under.
(01-07-2020, 09:52 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 09:47 PM)wriezebos Wrote: It would be nice to have an option to simply ignore .AppleDouble folders while scanning though.

You can create an .mpdignore file in the root of your music share containing a list of names and wildcards that mpd needs to ignore e.g.

Code:
echo .AppleDouble >> /path/to/music/.mpdignore

An empty .mpdignore file causes mpd to ignore everything in the location of the file and under.

Aha! That is very helpful; thanks for that. From this I get that the thmcache.php routines will now not encounter the problematic files (I indeed see the code listing the folders through mpd, so that makes sense yes); which in turn avoids the problem.

Maybe a feature request for the backlog though: for the less technical music lovers amongst us it would be helpful to maybe build this behaviour into thmcache.php somehow?

Anyways, thanks for your help Vinnn!
Hi there,

I have a small issue that I believe is related with this:
Every other albuns I have there's some extra information, like cue files, artwork, log files etc... Usually I put all of those in a subfolderc inside the album folder. Something like:
Artist > Album Subfolder > Extra subfolder

I found that anytime there's an subfolder the thumbnail art fails.

Well, my workaround at this stage is to have an .mpdignore inside every album in order to ignore any "Extra" subfolder. But I question if this is intended behaviour or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance
Post an example of the entire directory tree for one of your albums including the files contained in each directory. For example:

Code:
NAS/Music/Yes/Fragile

01 Roundabout.flac
02 Cans And Brahms.flac
03 We Have Heaven.flac
04 South Side Of The Sky.flac
05 Five Per Cent For Nothing.flac
06 Long Distance Runaround.flac
07 The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus.flac
08 Mood For A Day.flac
09 Heart Of The Sunrise.flac
10 America.flac
11 Roundabout [Early Rough Mix].flac
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank You Tim!

I have my library connected on USB disk.
For instance this has no thumbnail:

Code:
/Media/TOSHIBA/Music/Wardruna/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga

'01 - Ár Var Alda.flac'                                  
'02 - Hagal.flac'              
'03 - Bjarkan.flac'            
'04 - Løyndomsriss.flac'
'05 - Heimta Thurs.flac'
'06 - Thurs.flac'       
'07 - Jara.flac'        
'08 - Laukr.flac'
'09 - Kauna.flac'                
'10 - Algir - Stien Klarnar.flac'
'11 - Algir - Tognatale.flac'   
'12 - Dagr.flac'
cover.jpg        
extra
folder.jpg
Thumbs.db

/Media/TOSHIBA/Music/Wardruna/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga/extra
'Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga.cue'
'Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga.log'

Thank you
@audiobeer

In generating your directory tree for an album, try using "ls -AR" so you get any and all subdirectories and don't ignore any entries starting with "." (except the repetitive "." and ".." entries). Using "ls -AlR" will add lots more information in a long-form listing.

Also, the MPD documentation says of the .mpdignore trick

Quote:To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded.

I haven't been using the trick but from the phrase I emphasized I infer that you need only place the file at the entry-level of your directory tree rather than on every album subdirectory.

Regards,
Kent
(04-12-2020, 12:57 PM)audiobeer Wrote: Thank You Tim!

I have my library connected on USB disk.
For instance this has no thumbnail:

Code:
/Media/TOSHIBA/Music/Wardruna/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga

'01 - Ár Var Alda.flac'                                  
'02 - Hagal.flac'              
'03 - Bjarkan.flac'            
'04 - Løyndomsriss.flac'
'05 - Heimta Thurs.flac'
'06 - Thurs.flac'       
'07 - Jara.flac'        
'08 - Laukr.flac'
'09 - Kauna.flac'                
'10 - Algir - Stien Klarnar.flac'
'11 - Algir - Tognatale.flac'   
'12 - Dagr.flac'
cover.jpg        
extra
folder.jpg
Thumbs.db

/Media/TOSHIBA/Music/Wardruna/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga/extra
'Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga.cue'
'Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga.log'

Thank you

I don't see anything obvious that would prevent a thumbnail image from being created.

We have a new method for extracting the directory tree in upcoming moOde 6.5.0 and I'd like to analyze your album to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Zip it up and PM a download link to both myself and @TheOldPresbyope.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
I've sent it.
With @TheOldPresbyope suggestion I've realized I missed a .LFML file on the album directory, if that matters..

I've tried embedding the cover art, but the only variable causing thumbnail failure seemed to be a sub-folder on each album. I think I could ignore all of those but [understanding the problem] might be usefull for others.

Thank you
I downloaded the zip but I get an error trying to unzip it. Please re-do the zip and re-upload.
Enjoy the Music!