Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Album artwork impacted by .AppleDouble sub folders on NAS
I've deleted the album. Re-generated MPD and thumbnail cache. The album containing the problematic flac disappearedc but the thumbnail issue is still happening... No thumbnails for some albums..

Edit: and browser cache cleared

Any suggestions?
Prolly some other issues with the files themselves.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@audiobeer

My apology for not noticing earlier. Your FLAC files are improperly tagged with metadata. Here's the output from the file command for track 01:

Code:
kreed@T520 ~/Downloads/MoodeAudio/audiobeer/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga $ file 01*
01 - µr Var Alda.flac: Audio file with ID3 version 2.3.0, contains: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 6144012 samples

"with ID3 version 2.3.0" is wrong for FLAC. 

If you look at the first bytes of the files you'll see the magic signature is wrong as a result. Here's track 01 again:

Code:
kreed@T520 ~/Downloads/MoodeAudio/audiobeer/Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga $ od -c 01*|head -1
0000000   I   D   3 003  \0  \0  \0  \0   $ 004   T   I   T   2  \0  \0

which again shows it's tagged ID3 (and TIT2 is one of the ID3 fields).

A FLAC file should not have an ID3 tag and should begin "fLaC" as in the following example of the same two commands applied to one of my tracks:

Code:
kreed@T520 ~/Music/ABCDE/flac/Marvin Gaye-Compact Command Performances 15 Greatest Hits $ file 01*
01.How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You).flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 7914480 samples

@T520 ~/Music/ABCDE/flac/Marvin Gaye-Compact Command Performances 15 Greatest Hits $ od -c 01*|head -1
0000000   f   L   a   C  \0  \0  \0   " 020  \0 020  \0  \0  \0 016  \0

FLAC files are tagged using a Vorbis Comment block, not ID3.

I can't say for sure that fixing the metadata tagging scheme will solve the issue but what you have is wrong in its own right.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you Kent. And of course you do not have to apologize.

I've fixed that album, reuploaded it and updated library and thumbs. No changes.

I will look into my whole directory and check If have any FLAC files with the same problem.

Please let me know if you (or @Tim Curtis of course) think there's something I can do.
Well, this is really odd...

I've decided to check one by one: i've ignored my whole music folder and started fresh adding albums. First artist, 6 albums. Thumbnail art only in 4 of them. The 2 without it? You've guessed... The only 2 that have an "extra" folder.

Also, according to MP3TAG all the FLAC files are tagged using FLAC tags (no ID3).

I really don't understand this.
(04-13-2020, 12:09 PM)audiobeer Wrote: Well, this is really odd...

I've decided to check one by one: i've ignored my whole music folder and started fresh adding albums. First artist, 6 albums.  Thumbnail art only in 4 of them. The 2 without it? You've guessed... The only 2 that have an "extra" folder.

Also, according to MP3TAG all the FLAC files are tagged using FLAC tags (no ID3).

Now that you've retagged the album I looked at before, rezip it, PM a link to me, and I'll look for some more clues.

Regards,
Kent
(04-13-2020, 12:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 12:09 PM)audiobeer Wrote: Well, this is really odd...

I've decided to check one by one: i've ignored my whole music folder and started fresh adding albums. First artist, 6 albums.  Thumbnail art only in 4 of them. The 2 without it? You've guessed... The only 2 that have an "extra" folder.

Now that you've retagged the album I looked at before, rezip it, PM a link to me, and I'll look for some more clues.

Regards,
Kent

I've sent you a PM Kent.
Also, been looking in the forum and found this http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...3#pid12393 where a couple of people complain about the same issues, Cue files on a subfolder.

I think I can keep the files and ignore ".cue" via .mpdignore, I guess (/datahoarder). or delete them completely. Move them to the album folder would be a bummer because of drag and drop in some sw.
@audiobeer

I loaded your freshly tagged albums into my NAS. The good news is that the new coding scheme in the soon-to-be released moOde 6.5.0 appears to take this all in stride. Every album's thumbnail appears in the tag view, whether or not they have a cue file in a subdirectory. The Zend "not a valid FLAC bitstream" log entries are gone too.

On the other hand, I can repro your issue in moode 6.4.2. The thumbs are present only for the albums without a subdirectory.

Something tickled the back of my brain when I noticed the cue files, but I couldn't recall the issue and hadn't yet dug into the 6.4.2 code.

Candidly, your best bet is just hang tight for moOde 6.5.0 to hit the street! RSN

As an aside, I thought I could listen to these tracks while I work but after 10 minutes I was numb  Tongue

Regards,
Kent
Well, sorry about that. Just went straight to the B letter. But not music for everyone, specially in a working environment, I know.

So yeah, wrapping up I guess it's Bug Smile I'll wait for the 6.5.0 until then I'll have the cuefiles on the album folder because it seems .mpdignore doesn't allow simple identification of file's extensions to ignore.
Probably I will never use those cue files anyways, but am unable to delete them.

For thetime being I'll move them to the album main folder hopping no further issues with other file types.

Thank you so much for your determination and work (despite my taste in music) and of course @Tim Curtis. These hours also made finally pull the trigger on the donation.

Thank you for the amazing software

Cheers