Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Help with Triggerhappy configuration for FLIRC and Harmony
Question 
I'm not sure how to make FLIRC work with moOde and my harmony. I have the FLIRC plugged into my pi3b and the IR blaster of the harmony hub pointed right at it. I start playing an album via the web UI, then I click play, pause, next on my harmony... Nothing happens.
Is your FLIRC programmed to output the correct codes when various buttons are pressed on your Harmony?

This setup procedure is totally separate from moOde. See the FLIRC online documentation and possibly the post from rh2018 to an outdated HowTo of mine.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for the response. I plugged the FLIRC into my desktop, downloaded the program from their site and updated the firmware. I used to drop-down to select Kodi, then removed the FLIRC and put it in the Pi. I did enable Triggerhappy via ssh and restart the pi. I did that before I posted the first time. Am I missing something with the FLIRC? I thought it would default to Kodi when plugged into the pi.
I have no idea if the Kodi selection yields the codes moOde is looking for. 

It's been a while since I last used my FLIRC. Using line-of-sight IR doesn't suit my current player. It's stashed away in a cabinet. I'll have to dig it out of the junk drawer resource bin and play with it a bit before I can comment further.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for your help Kent.

I finally found the config file for Triggerhappy

/etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/media.conf

The only commands in there right now are for volume up, down and mute. What I really want is the commands for play, pause, next and previous track. FLIRC should output P for play, spacebar for pause, ] for previous and [ for next track.
You might find it easier to map your Harmony keys to Flirc's standard keyboard dropdown and follow the format in my post referred by Kent and add them to media.conf.
Richard.
Thanks Richard. I assumed this would work much easier than it is.

I'm not sure what isn't working right now, the harmony hub, the FLIRC, or moOde. I don't know how I can program the FLIRC with the harmony considering the hub is on the other side of the house from my PC and is cable managed into my entertainment center.
I'm not familiar with the Harmony/Hub combination. If there are unused buttons on your remote maybe you could map them to run the moOde commands.
Ok I finally got it working. First I changed the media.conf file to the following: 
Code:
KEY_1            0 mpc play
KEY_2            0 mpc pause
KEY_3            0 mpc prev
KEY_4            0 mpc next
KEY_5            0 mpc stop

Then using a bunch of usb extensions and a powered usb hub I was able to get my FLIRC in range of my Harmony Hub IR blaster while connected to my PC.
I booted up the FLIRC software and changed over to "full keyboard" and mapped the first 5 number keys to the functions I wanted on the harmony remote.
I plugged the FLIRC back into the pi and rebooted it. I'm not sure why but after the reboot it still wasn't working until I ran 

Code:
thd --dump /dev/input/event*

With that code running the pi started responding to my harmony remote. I hit CTRL+C to stop the code and the harmony continued to work. I rebooted and it still works. I don't know why, but I'm very happy.

Thank you all for your help.
Well done!!
Regards,
Richard.