Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display
@rusconi

Thanks for sharing.

Python may be new to you but I wouldn't guess it looking at your code Smile

I chose to let Tim's existing coverart API take care of the mucking about with different sources of the images. This left just one special case for me. Pygame doesn't grok .svg so the default moOde image has to be dealt with separately.

Yes, mutagen appears to be in the moOde 6.4.2 libraries but as you say, it's python 3-only, so trying to import it with the Python 2 interpreter will fail.

We're living in this weird interregnum period with Raspbian/Debian 10 (Buster) where invocations like "python" or "pip" still start the v2 instead of the v3 versions, which can confuse the unwary. That's because Debian 10 (Buster) was released 6 months before the sunset date for Python 2. I expect this behavior to go away when Debian 11 is released and Raspbian 11 is built on it.

Anyone writing Python code should be adhering to Python 3 conventions as a matter of course.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display - by bobr80 - 01-11-2020, 07:59 PM
RE: Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display - by TheOldPresbyope - 02-26-2020, 01:35 PM
RE: Pirate Audio 240x240 cover display - by leobo - 04-12-2021, 06:26 PM