Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[How To] CD playback
(04-30-2020, 10:46 AM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello everybody,
I have discovered that it is possible run CD playback with the "SoX Resampling" function ON. It is enough to increase the "Audio buffers".
I tried at 32K and it is OK... anyway I keep the value at max (65535).
I hope it is usefull.
Regards,
Francesco

Hey, that's cool. One more thing I didn't think of  Rolleyes

Thanks.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
sorry if I disturb you: any news on new versions? I am waiting for them very excited
Thanks and best regards,
Francesco
(07-06-2020, 09:23 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi Kent,
sorry if I disturb you: any news on new versions? I am waiting for them very excited
Thanks and best regards,
Francesco

Hi, Francesco.

Sad to say, between the change in daily life because of the pandemic (my county and its neighbor to the east are the hardest hit of all the counties in Maryland) and because of other things going on with moOde, I haven't spent any time on my "V1.0" moOde CD Play. I expect Tim will release moOde r6.6 soon and I'll get back to CD Play.

Please don't let your expectations run wild. V1.0 will be only a cleaning up of the information you see on the screen---no new features.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
I am very sorry and sad to hear about the pandemic. Maryland was the first place in the United States that I visited in the early 1980s.
I've been to Silver Spring for work and I have a great memory.
Honestly my expectations are for v.2 !!! But your health and that of your parents, relatives and friends are, of course, much more important than hobbies and my desires.
My best regards and good luck,
Francesco
P.S .: excuse for my not perfect english
I try this,
it works almost well, but I have a problem, after several minutes, (not always the same timing) reading stops, and the track list disappears at the same time.

Since some CDs are not recognized either, I think that my CDROM writer/player is too old / worn out, but how to be sure ?

Perhaps also a power supply pb ?

At first, I have to find a good/new CDROM/DVD writer...

but when it works, it works well.
on RPI 3B, and moOde 6.7.1, and (I just read it) Samsung SE-208 Slim Portable DVD Writer.
musical regards

y.
(08-06-2020, 10:16 AM)yannig Wrote: I try this,
it works almost well, but I have a problem, after several minutes, (not always the same timing) reading stops, and the track list disappears at the same time.

Since some CDs are not recognized either, I think that my CDROM writer/player is too old / worn out, but how to be sure ?

but  when it works, it works well.
on RPI 3B, and moOde 6.7.1, and (I just read it) Samsung SE-208 Slim Portable DVD Writer.

The symptoms you describe suggest the CD reader and its interfacing electronics aren't getting adequate power. Do you have an adequate power supply for your RPi? Have you tried using a powered-USB hub to supply the CD reader separately?

Would a newer CD reader alleviate this problem? My experience is limited to just two different "slim" drives. One of the drives was an LG GP65NB60 and the other was a Samsung SE-208. Both worked for me with the RPi4B and a 3 amp power supply described in the README.

Regards,
Kent
(08-06-2020, 12:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 10:16 AM)yannig Wrote: I try this,

but  when it works, it works well.

The symptoms you describe suggest the CD reader and its interfacing electronics aren't getting adequate power. Do you have an adequate power supply for your RPi? Have you tried using a powered-USB hub to supply the CD reader separately?

Would a newer CD reader alleviate this problem? My experience is limited to just two different "slim" drives. One of the drives was an LG GP65NB60 and the other was a Samsung SE-208. Both worked for me with the RPi4B and a 3 amp power supply described in the README.

Regards,
Kent

Thank for your response, Kent.

I do not try a separate power supply for the CD drive yet, it seems a good idea to try.
musical regards

y.
Hello,

I try to use this interesting "add-on" with moode 6.7.1. I have regularly dropouts. I also receive sometimes mpd errors.

Any idea to solve that?

Best,
Michel
Hi Michel,
Are you using SoX?
Try to disable it or to increase the Audio buffer.
Regards,
Francesco
unfortunately, no sox and buffer set to the maximum.