Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[How To] CD playback
I have published Version 0 of a CD Playback function in a github repo.

Everything you need to know is contained in the README.md file of the repo.

Regards,
Kent
(01-18-2020, 04:47 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I have published Version 0 of a CD Playback function in a github repo.

Everything you need to know is contained in the README.md file of the repo.

Regards,
Kent

Brilliant work, brilliant Team, brilliant overall music Player, brilliant Users ( Big Grin )... Thanks to ALL contributors Heart
Yea verily... more brilliant than a big brilliant thing !!

Thanks Kent !!  Will be testing this holiday weekend..... Wellington Anniversary...."Happy day off to us...Happy day off to us...dum-de-dum-dum..Happy day off to us..."
Big Grin
----------
bob
(01-18-2020, 08:35 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Yea verily... more brilliant than a big brilliant thing !!

Thanks Kent !!  Will be testing this holiday weekend..... Wellington Anniversary...."Happy day off to us...Happy day off to us...dum-de-dum-dum..Happy day off to us..."
Big Grin

Brilliant Admiral, brilliant boots, brilliant City... Smile
Thank you Kent and all associated with your brillient CD Play app.

Installation went smoothly and works as described. Once loaded and playing navigation both forward and back is quite good.

Not sure at the moment if SQ from my external USB drive (Samsung SE-5084) is bit perfect or how error correction (if any) is handled but initial listening SQ is excellent.

Thanks again and best regards,

Richard
(01-18-2020, 12:31 PM)rh2018 Wrote: ...
Not sure at the moment if SQ from my external USB drive (Samsung SE-5084) is bit perfect or how error correction (if any) is handled but initial listening SQ is excellent.

The drive is the first line of defense for error correction. One might expect newer drives to be better at it than older ones, but market forces may negate that as drives get cheaper and cheaper. I have no idea what might be a "best" drive for this use. A stiff power source is always a plus.

The man page for cdparanoia, which I believe is based on the same library used by MPD in CD playback, talks about "extra-robust data verification, synchronization, error handling and scratch reconstruction capability." I have no idea how good this claim is nor the resources to test it.

Thanks for confirming the install process worked for you. At the time of my post, install.sh was missing the needed cdparanoia package. Quickly fixed but shouldn't have happened.  Blush

Regards,
Kent
Kent - super Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Excellent !
and instructions are easily followed. Smile

Installed first time, no errors and works exactly as described.
Initial loading varies with disc drive...my old toshiba and Pi2B took nearly a minute to load 20 track /61-minute cd and once a track is selected there is a delay of 4 seconds until audio is heard.

Well done Kent!

quick note...typo in github instructions Wink

3. Change to the /home/pi/moOdeCDPlayer-master directory which has been created

should read

3. Change to the /home/pi/moOdeCDPlay-master directory which has been created

cheers,
bob
----------
bob
Fixed, thanks.
Brilliant work! That would be a great help!