Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem with NAS and USBridge Signature
Sort of at a loss here.

My USBridge Signature was been up and running for about a week.  It came with MOode 6.40 installed, has a Terraberry DAC3 HAT (with separate connection) and Shanti power supply.  Powered off the setup up a few times during that period by using the Shanti power switch. 

It was working fine for a week and then suddenly lost connection to the NAS and the radio function was problematic (counting back wards and lots of dropouts).  Traced it done to the router and rebooted the router.  Afterwards I could not get the USBridge to reconnect to the router and tried various LAN connections without success.  Everything else connected to the Mesh system is working fine.

Installed a clean version of MOode 6.40 and it was up and running..until I tried to mount the NAS.  The device becomes very slow to boot up and would not connect to the NAS (connection timeout error).  I was using the same NAS address as was previously installed and what is currently on another RPI streamer running MOode that has no issues.  If I put in a clean install of either 6.40 or 6.41, everything works fine (Radio stations and playback), until I try to save a NAS configuration.  Then the USBridge slows down during start up (seems to be about 5 minute start up).  If I remove the NAS configuration, boot up goes back to normal.

I tried other power supplies as well with no improvement.

After several tries I cannot seem to get the NAS media share to mount.  I have used both the Host name/share (even copied the one from the other MOodestreamer) and IP address/share without success.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TIA.
Bill
The symptom "It was working fine for a week and then suddenly lost connection to the NAS and the radio function was problematic" suggests something external to moOde software.

Why do U think this is something that our project should be troubleshooting?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-27-2020, 02:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "It was working fine for a week and then suddenly lost connection to the NAS and the radio function was problematic" suggests something external to moOde software.

Bit of a follow up.  I went ahead and rebooted my other MOode streamer - and now it has the same issue.  It was streaming fine from the NAS until then, but it looks not to be a MOode software issue.  

More digging to do.  

Apologize for the un-needed post.  Definitely delete material.
(01-27-2020, 02:23 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "It was working fine for a week and then suddenly lost connection to the NAS and the radio function was problematic" suggests something external to moOde software.

Tim, at first I would thank you for all your awesome work!

Reading the Moode homepage can eventually misled users as its not only written "Enjoy enhanced support for the new USBridge Signature from The SIG is a Pi-CM3+..." but there's also an Allo.com logo featured which can cause confusion. Enhanced support? What's that?

Looks like a broken partnership here. Something that would be but never really happened and needs to be updated.

Usbridge seems a very unreliable product. It's not a dev board nor a finished product but something unconfortbly in between.

Long live Moode!
(01-27-2020, 05:07 PM)thestreamdigger Wrote: Usbridge seems a very unreliable product. It's not a dev board nor a finished product but something unconfortbly in between.

Long live Moode!

No problems here at all with my USBridge Sig. I'm very happy with it. What's the evidence that it's 'unreliable'?
The OP does not appear to be blaming his problem on the USBridge Sig at all!
[quote dateline='1580098923']

SOLVED

Found the issue - NAS IP address had been reassigned by DHCP in router.  My computers and mobile devices were able to keep track of the NAS IP address change automatically, even after being rebooted,  The RPI streamers and LMS NUC were not able to after being rebooted.

Reconfigured the NAS IP address to a "reserved" address to avoid issues in the future.  Changed the NAS address in the streamers and everything works fine now.

So -not a software issue or a RPI device/HAT hardware issue.

Apologize for not digging further into the issue before posting.  Just got in a loop and needed to be knocked out of it :-)

Regards,
Bill

[/quote]