Thank you for your donation!

Raspberry Pi4b 4GB 6.4.0 - gray screen after "Reached Login" text
Hi,

I am new to Moode and need a little assistance.

I purchased a Raspberry Pi4b 4GB and Raspbian works just fine.

I downloaded the Moode 6.4.0 image and flashed it to a 32GB mini SD card.

I inserted it into the Raspberry Pi4b 4GB and to appeared on the screen and went through a lot of command line commands and then the screen turned gray/black immediately right after I was able to read something like "Reached Login" text. I didn't see any login prompt. I have tried it several times. I even imaged a 6.3.0 build as well and got the same results.

I am using a USB connected US English keyboard with a USB wired mouse.

When I was in Raspbian I updated to the latest firmware for RPi 4 which I believe was a build sometime in September. Is that correct?

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this working on my RPi 4 4GB?

Is there a video somewhere that describes exactly how this process is supposed to work/look for version 6.4.0 or any recent version - in general?

Thank you.
Moode default is as a headless audio server/player....but you can run it on a locally attached screen...just takes a small configuration change.

Easiest way would be to attach the Pi to your network with an ethernet cable and boot..
Then on another PC on the same network open a browser and type
Code:
http://moode
or
Code:
moode.local

in the address bar
(or the Pi's ip address if you know it...something like 192.168.x.x...the android app Fing can find it if needed)

the Moode webpage will open in your browser then click on the 'M' very top right and select 'System" from the dropdown menu that opens.
Scroll down the System page to "Local Display" and set to on.

Reboot your Pi and you should now have Moode showing on your locally attached screen.

There is a moode readme in the forum front page..
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39
(01-23-2020, 02:01 AM)HiFiBuff Wrote: Thank you. That worked as you described.

One other question ... I have a USB attached hard drive that doesn't show up in the library. What do I need to do to mount it? I only see the local LR test file on the SDCard.
(01-24-2020, 03:46 AM)HiFiBuff Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 02:01 AM)HiFiBuff Wrote: Thank you. That worked as you described.

One other question ... I have a USB attached hard drive that doesn't show up in the library. What do I need to do to mount it? I only see the local LR test file on the SDCard.

item 91 in MoOde 'readme':

- USB STORAGE DEVICES

a) Insert USB storage device

b) Menu, Configure, Sources

c) UPDATE or RE-GEN MPD database

d) Optionally select Yes to automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove

e) Wait for completion (no spinner on the Library tab)

f) Library tab, Folder view. Click the refresh button to update the folder list.
4. ADD SOURCE(S) CONTAINING MUSIC FILES
(01-24-2020, 03:46 AM)HiFiBuff Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 02:01 AM)HiFiBuff Wrote: That worked as you described.

Good, and thanks for the feedback !!...as I was replying from memory and without a working Moode I am heartened to hear that it worked Smile

I see that CMM has the answer to your next query Cool

Quote:spinner on the Library tab

Again, look top right for the 'spinner' and wait for it to compleat (compleat as in olde english ...lol = stop spinning Smile )
Thank you. That worked as described.