Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Bluetooth clipping and doubt with pairing agent.
Streaming audio from the smartphone to Moode by BT connection isn't working fine for me. There are a lot of clipping and artifacts, even the play speed sems to change along the song...

I tried pair, unpair, reboot, turn pairing agent on and off , but nothing worked. I don't understand why pair agent must be on after pairing devices, but if I turn it off, my phone can't connect anymore until I turn it on again.

Not sure how Moode do it, but after trust a device it should be able to connect and disconnect without the needed to be paired every time. If pair agent means keep the scan mode on, this could be the problem....

Is going fine for you? I can stream from my phone to the same RPI with no problems on a buster lite distribution, using bluealsa-aplay, so must not be a hardware problem...
This is another "it doesn't work" post with no supporting information or details that could help us troubleshoot.

And yes, Bluetooth works fine for me and most other moOde users.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-28-2020, 03:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This is another "it doesn't work" post with no supporting information or details that could help us troubleshoot.

And yes, Bluetooth works fine for me and most other moOde users.

You know... I am new here... I apologise  in advance for the things I'll  do wrong for sure, and for my poor English. This isn't my native language, I think in spanish, and I have to mentally translate while I am writting.

So, what info detaills should I share?
I'm running Moode on a Raspberry pi 3 B+, the smartphone is a Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro, (I tried with some others, same result)  and the BT is the built-in, not an USB-BT adapter...

Same hardware running buster lite works fine after pairing, trust, and call aplay, so I think it could be that  BT streaming wasn't a widely used way to listen music for Moode users, and maybe it has any problem.

But if it works fine for you, I must be doing something wrong...

I want to use BT streaming while I seek for a voice control solution.

Regards