Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: mpd error open mpd socket failed
Hi all,
new on this forum - bt not with moode
I am tying t osetup multiroom system: one p3 & one pi1.
3 s working - it ws the ealier nstallation. But - wheni try to set up pi, and add some albm tothe playlist - 
everything disappears from the playlist of pi1, and got the message:
"MPD error open MPD socket failed"
tried lot of things  -nothing helps. Any idea?
Just to be a little bit more precise  -the error message:

MPD error
open MPD sock failed

The server is Openmediavault, with SAMBA share. My target is to use two(or more)  independent Pi's f.e in different rooms - used by different people with headphones.
From the same server. Is it possible somehow?
@jkutya

On the question of serving multiple moOde players from a single Open Media Vault NAS, the answer is yes. I do it all the time here with multiple players.

On the question of the RPi1 (A, A+, B, B+?), it is an ARM6 platform, different from the 3. For sure this affects the USB-automount function. I no longer have any RPi1 models to test with but this may affect NAS mounting as well. 

Here's the content of the information popup for the USB-automounter selection on the Service Config page

Code:
For ARM6 platforms (Pi-1B, Zero/w, etc) select Devmon, otherwise select Udisks-glue.

Try changing the selection and rebooting to see if this fixes your problem.

Regards,
Kent
(01-29-2020, 11:29 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @jkutya

On the question of serving multiple moOde players from a single Open Media Vault NAS, the answer is yes. I do it all the time here with multiple players.

On the question of the RPi1 (A, A+, B, B+?), it is an ARM6 platform, different from the 3. For sure this affects the USB-automount function. I no longer have any RPi1 models to test with but this may affect NAS mounting as well. 

Here's the content of the information popup for the USB-automounter selection on the Service Config page

Code:
For ARM6 platforms (Pi-1B, Zero/w, etc) select Devmon, otherwise select Udisks-glue.

Try changing the selection and rebooting to see if this fixes your problem.

Thank You,
I am not using any USB device in this setup   - only the wifi stick on the Pi 1. 
NAS and shares mounted without any problem - content visible. 
But - when I add something to the playlist - and want to go back to player page: the added tracks are not on the playlist - and can not start playing - get this error message.
But - I will givi it a try, and drop a feedback, also I will check MPD log  -and if something is there I will post here. 

Regards,
Kent
"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'

what():  std::bad_alloc"

This is the last sentence in MPD log...
@jkutya

That's a system error (stemming from a C++ module) saying it couldn't allocate any more memory.

You still haven't said what model RPi1 this is. One possibility: The original RPi1A has only 256MB of RAM which likely is inadequate.

Regards,
Kent
Yes, it is 256MB model.So -forget it with MOODE?
(01-29-2020, 05:08 PM)jkutya Wrote: Yes, it is 256MB model.So  -forget it with MOODE?

Best ask @Tim Curtis

Regards,
Kent
Try running the command below to get some information on memory utilization.

Code:
moodeutl -m
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
CPU: 700 MHz | LOAD: 16% | TEMP: 30▒C | RAM_USED: 74% | DISK_USED: 9% | DISK_FREE: 26G | FPM_POOL: 4 workers

That is the state in idle