Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[he is back] UI down when getting to the end of the playlist, while using bluetooth
The fight is going on, with a new episode: it's definitively not the fault of the NAS.

This is what i've tried :

1/ With bluetooth out, when i reach the end of the current playlist (queue) IUis going down. It does that either with NAS or USB mount, so it's not a matter of NAS

2/ Without bluetooth out, no problem a the end of the queue. So it's definitively a problem involving Queue with bluetooth.

And i suspect that it have to do is with the DAC (not runing 100 % as an IQaudio).

However, there would be a simple way to avoid the problem : allways having a file automatically added to the queue before it ends. I've tried to activate the option in the setting, but it didn't changed the queue at all.
(02-09-2020, 10:56 AM)Maitresinh Wrote: The fight is going on, with a new episode: it's definitively not the fault of the NAS.

This is what i've tried :

1/ With bluetooth out, when i reach the end of the current playlist (queue) IUis going down. It does that either with NAS or USB mount, so it's not a matter of NAS

2/ Without bluetooth out, no problem a the end of the queue. So it's definitively a problem involving Queue with bluetooth.

And i suspect that it have to do is with the DAC (not runing 100 % as an IQaudio).

However, there would be a simple way to avoid the problem : allways having a file automatically added to the queue before it ends. I've tried to activate the option in the setting, but it didn't changed the queue at all.

The file storage method is irrelevant, if mpd can play a file normally then there's nothing wrong.
The DAC is also irrelevant if the output is Bluetooth as the DAC is not the output device in that scenario.

As suggested earlier, if you're using the onboard Bluetooth adapter and there's nothing interfering with the radio signal the only likely explanation is your Bluetooth speaker.
thanks for the anwer but

1/ i've tried before with various bluetooth devices. It's allways the same issue
2/ this afternoon, i've tried with PI3B only, without DAC. Bluetooth out is working just fine ! (but it doesn't when the DAC is connected to the PI, even if i do not use it)

So The conclusion seems obvious : my DAC is the cause. I don't know which one OldPresbyope have been using for his bluetooth out tests, but i think the most obvious solution now i change for a more robust/classical amplified DAC
Again, what power supply are you using for the DAC ??
----------
bob
(02-09-2020, 07:06 PM)Maitresinh Wrote: thanks for the anwer but

1/ i've tried before with various bluetooth devices. It's allways the same issue
2/ this afternoon, i've tried with PI3B only, without DAC. Bluetooth out is working just fine ! (but it doesn't when the DAC is connected to the PI, even if i do not use it)

So The conclusion seems obvious : my DAC is the cause. I don't know which one OldPresbyope have been using for his bluetooth out tests, but i think the most obvious solution now i change for a more robust/classical amplified DAC

Well well, very odd but good that you'd isolated the root cause of the issue.
(02-09-2020, 09:17 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Again, what power supply are you using for the DAC ??

I've tried a lot !
With the DAC, the last one was a power brick 19 V 3.4A

Any advice for the new AMP DAC ?
Encore twist : PI alone, listening to an USB device on the bluetooth output (with two differents devices). No NAS, no DAC. Basic Power supply (no need for particular power for the PI alone)
Same problem : when reaching the last second of the last track of the queue, UI is "freezing"

So, i began to wonder if my PI version is working fine with Moode.

I've got a PI 3 B v1.2
(02-10-2020, 08:10 PM)Maitresinh Wrote: Encore twist : PI alone, listening to an USB device on the bluetooth output (with two differents devices). No NAS, no DAC. Basic Power supply (no need for particular power for the PI alone)
Same problem : when reaching the last second of the last track of the queue, UI is "freezing"

I've got a PI 3 B v1.2

Can you get hold of an external BT USB device... ?... or simply a different RPi...?

@TheOldPresbyope has provided the groundwork on a Creative aptX BT USB device here: Creative BT-W2 USB-Bluetooth Audio adapter
(02-10-2020, 08:10 PM)Maitresinh Wrote: Encore twist : PI alone, listening to an USB device on the bluetooth output (with two differents devices). No NAS, no DAC. Basic Power supply (no need for particular power for the PI alone)

I've got a PI 3 B v1.2

You can see from my last post that my Hi-Fi's Pi is a 3B and it has not been possible for me to replicate your problem.
The Bluetooth speaker really does seem to be the problem according to the event logs you posted. Care to tell us what this speaker is?

If your phone is not having issues when playing to this speaker maybe stick to using that instead with your Bluetooth speaker and just use your Pi for high fidelity playback to your speakers where it matters.
Enaya speakers and Knivio Headphone.
Regarding using directly the phone, that make sense, but it's quite difficult to handle a large collection on my NAS with a Mediamonkey or that kind of solution. It's surely because of the NAS, on the other hand. So i will surely began to change that.

The other problem is the bluetooth in, in order to have Hi-res sound for my movies. But the problem here was more about stability.