Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
moOde 6.4.1 bug reports
Hi,

Post moOde 6.4.1 bug reports in this thread.

Be sure to describe the bug, system config, usage scenario and list the steps that can be used to reproduce the bug.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If the random playback parameter is set during moode stop, the auto-play parameter on restart is not taken into account at the next start. So even you have set the Auto-start to OFF, Music'll be playing at restart. not cool if the player reboots in the middle of the night while you sleep after a power outage...

Of course we can set the random parameter to off before stopping the player but its a new constraint and it's not logical.

Please take into account the value of the Auto-play parameter even if you are playing songs randomly in the prior session.
I'm not sure that Auto-shuffle starting playback after a reboot is a bug. Some users prolly depend on it behaving this way even though Auto-play after start is OFF.

I'd need more feedback on this.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-06-2020, 09:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not sure that Auto-shuffle starting playback after a reboot is a bug. Some users prolly depend on it behaving this way even though Auto-play after start is OFF.

I understand but it's not logical to say that the choice for Auto-play selected in the parameters section depend on another parameter choosen in the playing view.

If you think that this behaviour is usefull for some users, you'd add a choice in the parameter section (Auto-play when random is selected ?) or may be desactivate the random selection when stopping the player if Auto-play is set to Off...

If I choose no Auto-play at boot how can I be sure that it'ii be the case ?
Auto-play after start and Random Play using Auto-shuffle are mutually exclusive and conflict with one another during startup. For example if Auto-play is ON and Random Play using Auto-shuffle is also ON then when the system is rebooted the Auto-shuffle queue becomes only 1 deep after playing the last played track instead of 2 deep. I don't know why this happens but it means MPD crossfade won't work because it needs at least 2 tracks.

This is why its not possible to tie the Auto-play after start setting to Random play using Auto-shuffle.

I think what might work though is to simply always turn Random Play OFF during startup.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-07-2020, 01:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think what might work though is to simply always turn Random Play OFF during startup.
it'd be fine for me
Sounds good. it's a trivial change and I've just pushed the commit for this to the repo.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/tr...ww/command
Enjoy the Music!
Radio DR P7 mix can be deleted. Broadcasts stopped in January 2020.
Thx. I'll remove it for upcoming 6.4.2 release.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-06-2020, 09:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not sure that Auto-shuffle starting playback after a reboot is a bug. Some users prolly depend on it behaving this way even though Auto-play after start is OFF.

+1 for bug