Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

volume control by USB keyboard or volume knob
You can also use a regular mouse to do this.

When triggerhappy runs connect a mouse and then start
Code:
thd --dump /dev/input/event*

You can see which buttons triggerhappy recognizes and then enter the corresponding moode commands.
Supported are: wheel button, left and right mouse button, wheel (maybe for volume?) And the x / y coordinates.

Best regards
Norbert
Can someone post a picture of this knob with their pi? I’m curious to the size of this knob! Thanks!
It's about same rectangular size as a Pi.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim, would you consider including triggerhappy into moOde, along with a default set of media key bindings? It could be enabled with a menu option perhaps? As of right now unless im mistaken, this hand-added functionality would not persist over a system update?
I'll add the feature to the TODO list.

Your hand-install won't get overwritten by an in-place update and maybe I can add triggerhappy (disabled) + the bindings conf to upcoming 6.4.2 release. Then you just do

systemctl enable triggerhappy
systemctl start triggerhappy
Enjoy the Music!
(02-10-2020, 02:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll add the feature to the TODO list.

Your hand-install won't get overwritten by an in-place update and maybe I can add triggerhappy (disabled) + the bindings conf to upcoming 6.4.2 release. Then you just do

systemctl enable triggerhappy
systemctl start triggerhappy

Thank you! I just got mine in the mail and it works perfectly- now to order 2 more.....

Tim, you should have an Amazon affiliate links for this stuff!
It took approximately 2 minutes from the moment the Amazon driver delivered the box for me to have the Drok control working with moOde. 

The control has a great look and feel to it. I'm surprised it is so inexpensive. Wish I'd had one for a different project where I fooled around with a bare digital encoder and was never happy with the result.

Many thanks @mtnbrit for mentioning it and a tip of the hat to @Tim Curtis for so quickly integrating triggerhappy.

Regards,
Kent
I bought this unit. Because I needed  a longer cable. This here is 2.1m (72") long!
It's a bit smaller, but the button is a little bigger than the Drok. It's also going great.

One thing: I had previously tested triggerhappy with a regular mouse. When changing the volume with the mouse
wheel, I had to turn very carefully because otherwise the volume jumped back to 1. Better than the other way ... Angel

The controller mentioned above does this even if I turn the button to the right very(!) quickly.

Is that also the case with your controllers?

Best regards
Norbert
@Norbert

Yeah, it just happened to me. 

The Drok has two speed modes: the default slow mode and an alternative fast mode. The phenomenon you report occurs with both but much more often with the fast mode. Haven’t had a chance to see what the output looks like or to dig into triggerhappy to see what’s up.

Regards,
Kent
Prolly less than robust debounce in the device firmware.
Enjoy the Music!