Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Errors when I try to install gplaymusicapi in Moode 4.1
It gives a "service login or communication failure" message in the library for the headphones that I am assuming is for google music

I entered in my credentials and I used a ":" between the mac address values cloned my phone wifi mac address
I also have a free Google music play account , would that make a difference?
(06-04-2018, 12:37 AM)ps2daddy Wrote: It gives a "service login or communication failure" message in the library for the headphones that I am assuming is for google music

I entered in my credentials and I used a ":" between the mac address values cloned my phone wifi mac address

(06-05-2018, 05:02 AM)ps2daddy Wrote: I also have a free  Google music play account , would that make a difference?

@ps2daddy 

I expect your error message was issued by gmusicapi. You could check to see what's in the /var/log/moode.log file. (You can also turn on upmpdcli logging in /etc/upmpdcli.conf.)

As for the Google device ID, you should do some Web searching on that topic. It's complicated and outside the scope of moOde itself. Without reading the source code, I don't know how gmusicapi generates a device ID from the MAC address, but it certainly doesn't just transmit the MAC address literally as a string in the form "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" because device IDs are 16-character hexadecimal strings.

In any case, using the mac address for your phone is not the same as using the Google device ID associated with it. How one finds this is different for Android (and different Android vendors) and iOS devices. It isn't clear, by the way, if Google device ID means the "Device ID" or the "Google Services Framework ID". Both are found Android phones, at least, and they are both 16-char hex. Opinions around the web vary.[1]

A free account should be fine; that's how I started. It just means you can use only the lowest stream quality (128K MP3). I can't remember whether choosing a higher quality could cause the same error message you see. If you did, try reducing it to the minimum.

Regards,
Kent

[1] because of Google's bizarre rules---up to 10 authorized devices total per account, 5 of which can be smart phones; at most 4 device de-authorizations a year---it's pretty easy to hit the max while experimenting with multiple devices. This is especially frustrating because my Google account doesn't adequately identify the currently authorized devices so I can't figure out what's what.