Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upcoming moOde 6.5.0
No argument from me Smile

I gave away all my RPi1s several years ago and except for tests like this I use myRPi0Ws for fun and games with IoT sorts of things. I took on the cross-compile challenge as a way to force myself to learn more about Rust.

Regards,
Kent
B4 I forget, @badbat75 if I ever get time away from supporting the current builder I'll explore converting to your nice build system :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Latest draft relnotes below. I added the new Spotify autoplay option to the config screen.

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2020-MM-DD TC moOde 6.5.0
//

New features

- NEW: Upgrade to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3 2020-02-13
- NEW: Audio config option for USB volume knob ON/OFF
- NEW: System config option for LED0 and LED1 ON/OFF
- NEW: Spotify config option to autoplay similar songs

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.19.102 build #1295
- UPD: Bump to MPD 0.21.20
- UPD: Bump to librespot v0.1.1 armv7l-only
- UPD: Bump to moodeutl 1.4.0
- UPD: Deprecate librespot armv6l binary
- UPD: Add DSD rate to extra metadata
- UPD: Add -D option to moodeutl (delete session var)

Bug fixes

- FIX: Wrong DSD encoded-at rates shown on Audio info
- FIX: Audio info Formats showing PHP error message
- FIX: WiFi/BT options missing from System config for Zero W
- FIX: Minor corrections to Setup guide

Radio stations

- UPD: RadioActive FM 88.6
- UPD: Swedish Classic Radio
- UPD: WBJC Baltimore 91.5 - Classical
- DEL: Amys FM (320K)
- DEL: Amys FM Spirit of Soul (320K)
- DEL: JB Radio-2 USA (320K)
- DEL: Radio Monash
- DEL: Rinse FM
- DEL: VRT - Sporza
Enjoy the Music!
Looks like we are also getting a bump to Shairport-sync 3.3.6 :-)
https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-s...ersion-336

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(02-21-2020, 10:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
//
// 2020-MM-DD TC moOde 6.5.0
//

- DEL: VRT - Sporza

Why would you delete this radio station? It works great here. Besides, I listen to it every weekend...
Or is it America First policy?

If you delete radio stations, I suggest you delete them all. Then make a separate file (text, table, whatever...) with all the necessary info needed for a radio station to work in moOde, write a little import routine and, boom, all problems for the people who have issues adding/deleting/modifying radio stations are solved. Everybody can keep his own list of preferred radio stations.
 :@
If I have the time I prune out stations at major moOde releases based on the criteria below. It helps ensure the built in Radio Station feature contains stations that play for everyone.

1. It's reported that the playable URL no longer works
2. It's reported that the station is no longer broadcasting
3. The playable URL does not work when I test it or if its geo-fenced that someone in the particular geo reports that it no longer works
4. No one reports a replacement playable URL that works

VRT Sportza playable URL was reported to not work
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid16740

It did not work for me when I tested it.

Code:
MPD error
Failed to decode http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/sporza-high.mp3; CURL failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 File Not Found

No one has reported a replacement URL that works.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-22-2020, 12:33 PM)JST1963 Wrote: If you delete radio stations, I suggest you delete them all. Then make a separate file (text, table, whatever...) with all the necessary info needed for a radio station to work in moOde, write a little import routine and, boom, all problems for the people who have issues adding/deleting/modifying radio stations are solved. Everybody can keep his own list of preferred radio stations.

Tim already answered your direct question. 

As for your suggestion, Folks who have to support their code know there is no such thing as a "little" import routine when hundreds of users are involved.

I've laid the groundwork for a hacker's approach in radio utils. This out-of-band code was developed a while ago in response to one user's specific problem and has no UI or guard rails in place for newbies. Nevertheless, a determined person could assemble a suitable file directory of radio entries from scratch, tar it, and load them into moOde using this code as-is.

@duracell80 apparently is working on an integrated interactive approach for the general user. You can look for his posts elsewhere in this forum.

Regards,
Kent
Hi,

No particular rush for r650. I'd like it to be more of a feature release rather than only focusing on bug fixes and updates as in the past few releases.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-22-2020, 01:12 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If I have the time I prune out stations at major moOde releases based on the criteria below. It helps ensure the built in Radio Station feature contains stations that play for everyone.

1. It's reported that the playable URL no longer works
2. It's reported that the station is no longer broadcasting
3. The playable URL does not work when I test it or if its geo-fenced that someone in the particular geo reports that it no longer works
4. No one reports a replacement playable URL that works

VRT Sportza playable URL was reported to not work
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid16740

It did not work for me when I tested it.

Code:
MPD error
Failed to decode http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/sporza-high.mp3; CURL failed: The requested URL returned error: 404 File Not Found

No one has reported a replacement URL that works.

At least for the TV version of Sporza, the channel is geofenced. I wouldn't be surprised if it were similar for the radio.
PR was initially rejected cos it was not complete. It did not contain any information on what to test or how I'm supposed to verify it works as you intended. All I got was "Try this in a fresh 6.4.2 to get a feel for the enhancements."

It's a complex PR consisting of > 20 files and as I 'm being asked to review more and more PR's I'm getting a lot pickier about their completeness and whether they make it easy for me to merge and test or whether I have to spend a lot of time figuring out how they are supposed to work.

Nonetheless I reopened the PR yesterday and as time permits I'll try to test it out.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!