Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upcoming moOde 6.5.0
Hi,

Working on moOde 6.5.0 which is essentially hoisting the 6.4 code base to the new Raspbian 10.3 release. This will be an image-only release.

Some nice upgrades will include MPD >= 0.21.20 and Linux kernel >= 4.19.102 and some important bug fixes :-)

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2020-MM-DD TC moOde 6.5.0
//

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3
- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.19.102 build #1295
- UPD: Bump to MPD 0.21.20
- UPD: Add DSD rate to extra metadata

Bug fixes

- FIX: Wrong DSD encoded-at rates reported on Audio info
- FIX: Audio info Formats showing PHP error message
- FIX: Minor corrections to Setup guide

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-18-2020, 02:42 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Working on moOde 6.5.0 which is essentially hoisting the 6.4 code base to the new Raspbian 10.3 release. This will be an image-only release.

Some nice upgrades will include MPD >= 0.21.20 and Linux kernel >= 4.19.102 and some important bug fixes :-)

Code:
//
//

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3

Bug fixes

-Tim

Hi Tim,

So many updates with fixes and improvements lately Smile

You might consider bumping to latest version of librespot - The team have made some significant enhancements, (podcast handling, auto add songs to queue, the lost connection crash)

Any chance you would consider adding optional password protection of the config pages? The change is quite trivial in nginx.conf, but the latest series of integrity checks you have integrated into the boot process, requires more and more SQL hacks to make mo0de bypass the integrity checks, which might be more or less sensible, since the integrity checks have been made for a reason Smile

Thanks for a product which have involved into a easy to use high quality streamer.
By latest do you mean v0.11 librespot?
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/releases
Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2020, 01:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: By latest do you mean v0.11 librespot?
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/releases

Yes that should be the one - latest master is January 30. I don't understand the versioning, as when compiled it shows version number 3672214 and not v0.11. 3672214 is the latest commit to master, so it should be the same.
v0.1.1 is a release tag which represents a snapshot of the repo at a particular point in time.

The challenge I've had with librespot is that if its compiled on an arm7 pi the resulting binary segfaults on arm6 pi's thus it had to be compiled on an arm6 pi. The arm6 binary works fine on arm7 pi's. Thats the approach I've used in the past and I don't know whether it still needs to be done that way. The other challenge is that I don't have a Spotify Premium account so not possible for me to test.
Enjoy the Music!
Updated draft relnotes below.

Buster Lite 10.3 had some significant changes including root partition size and how the WLAN interface is enabled on first boot. This required some modifications to the builder but so far it's looking solid :-)

I'm looking at adding one or two more features or updates time permitting. 

Code:
//
//

New features

- NEW: Upgrade to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3 2020-02-13
- NEW: Audio config option for USB volume knob ON/OFF

Updates

- UPD: RadioActive FM 88.6 playable URL

Bug fixes

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
New feature added to System config for controlling on/off state of LED0 (Activity) and LED1 (Power). Note that AFAIK it's not possible to turn off the power LED on the SiG.

Code:
//
//

New features

- NEW: Upgrade to Raspbian Buster Lite 10.3 2020-02-13
- NEW: Audio config option for USB volume knob ON/OFF
- NEW: System config option for LED0 and LED1 ON/OFF

Updates

- UPD: RadioActive FM 88.6 playable URL

Bug fixes

Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2020, 03:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: v0.1.1 is a release tag which represents a snapshot of the repo at a particular point in time.

The challenge I've had with librespot is that if its compiled on an arm7 pi the resulting binary segfaults on arm6 pi's thus it had to be compiled on an arm6 pi. The arm6 binary works fine on arm7 pi's. Thats the approach I've used in the past and I don't know whether it still needs to be done that way. The other challenge is that I don't have a Spotify Premium account so not possible for me to test.

FWIW, I happen to be a Spotify Premium member, so f need be I could volunteer myself as testing guinea pig...
Thanks Jon. I'll have to see if I can carve out some cycles to get that compile done and get you a 6.5.0 test image.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2020, 03:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: v0.1.1 is a release tag which represents a snapshot of the repo at a particular point in time.

I'm quite sure it is still a problem. Crosscompiling is probably the correct approach - but I don't have that experience.