Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Revision and timer problem or suggestion?
Wink 
1.i get a new pi with revision B03112  shown in Moode as "Pi-4B 4GB v1.2"

When i see the information “4GB” first time ,im really happy.   a 2GB version's price ,got a 4GB version Wink
       Actually,it's a 2GB version. Blush
    is there any pre-fix for it???

2.Can we have a real countdown timer to sleep or shutdown the PI??
    i've checked the function,only set clock,no input values for timer.
    I'm not a programmer.
    I just simply add some code using "settimeout",but it works not good enough,'casuse refreshing the webui manually will cancel this timer.

I think we can set a time (30mins or 1 hours or sth),and system will calculate the request clock automaticlly .when clock time equal,shutdown。。。
    but its too difficult for me to finish the code. Sad

Thanks a lot
Whats the usage scenario for a shutdown timer?

Interesting that the official documentation does not list that particular revision code b03112
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../README.md

But according to this link that code plus two others exist for the new 1.2 version of the 4B
https://gist.github.com/Akkiesoft/9aa8f2...67a7a6a4d4

a03112
b03112
c03112

I'll add these codes.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-24-2020, 12:17 PM)agugu Wrote: 1.i get a new pi with revision B03112  shown in Moode as "Pi-4B 4GB v1.2"

When i see the information “4GB” first time ,im really happy.   a 2GB version's price ,got a 4GB version Wink
       Actually,it's a 2GB version. Blush
    is there any pre-fix for it???

That specific code isn't shown yet in the "official" table but it's pretty easy to infer from the new-style revision code that a leading hex A = 1GB, hex B = 2GB and hex C = 4GB. Looks like an easy fix for @Tim Curtis in /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

Regards,
Kent
(02-24-2020, 01:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Whats the usage scenario for a shutdown timer?

Thanks for your reply.

usually before sleep or leave,we just slide time bar for setting  delay time stop in other music software,we dont need to know the current time,right?
im standing in a postion of end user,of course,its just a suggestion.hope we can have it Blush

Moode is a really nice system,thanks a lot
Ok so you want the music to still be playing for bit while going to sleep or leaving the residence. I can see that being useful but I won't know whether its an easy feature add or not until I look at the code. I'll add to the TODO list/
Enjoy the Music!
(02-24-2020, 02:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok so you want the music to still be playing for bit while going to sleep or leaving the residence. I can see that being useful but I won't know whether its an easy feature add or not until I look at the code. I'll add to the TODO list/

many thanks
(02-24-2020, 02:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok so you want the music to still be playing for bit while going to sleep or leaving the residence. I can see that being useful but I won't know whether its an easy feature add or not until I look at the code. I'll add to the TODO list/

If memory serves, I played with such a concept back when the clock radio/sleep timer functionality was being introduced. IIRC my problem was dealing with the rollover at midnight. Example, it's now 11:30pm and I want the radio to play for an hour, which means stopping at 12:30am the next day. Probably child's play for someone who knows his way around PHP and its available functions. I didn't then, so I gave up. (Not that I'm great with PHP now, but at least I can spell it with confidence!)

Regards,
Kent
Yes I recall that investigation a few years ago into a shutdown timer as part of clock radio.

The main challenge with these types of low-demand features is that even though they might be relatively easy to implement they compete with other features on the TODO list, bug fixes, major Raspbian releases, etc and what the dev's are interested in and motivated to work on.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Yes,understand.Things will always be perfect through years.