Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

no cover art in airplay or spotify connect mode
Hi,

I'm running Moode version 6.4.2 and I've notices that when I'm playing songs via Airplay or Spotify connect (I didn't try Bluetooth yet) the Moode web interface doesn't show the current cover art but it shows a text saying "AirPlay Active"

Is that a bug/configuration issue or the software doesn't support such feature.

I'm asking since I used other audio player software on my RPi and they had that information.

I really like Moode so I'm hoping for such feature/fix.

Thanks,
Uri
Hi, Moode just doesn't do that.

Moode's web interface controls mpd and provides a configuration interface. It blanks out when outputting from a different player like librespot and shairport, presumably to prevent the user from trying to use mpd when other players are using ALSA. I'm sure Tim could elaborate.

I think librespot does actually support the retrieval of the client metadata but you can see that in the source app which you'll be using anyway no?

BTW: Probably not a good idea making your username your email address, your email will be picked up by spam trawlers. Change it if you can.
Hi,

The idea is to be able to see what is playing without holding the phone. An example will be daily mix, etc.

Regards,
Uri
Short answer: No, it is not a bug or configuration issue.

Long answer: moOde is an open-source project. Write the code modifications necessary to implement the feature you want and submit them as a pull request to the github repository.

That may sound cold but it's an honest response in this limited-manpower project.

Regards,
Kent
(02-26-2020, 09:05 AM)livnat@hotmail.com Wrote: Hi,

I'm running Moode version 6.4.2 and I've notices that when I'm playing songs via Airplay or Spotify connect (I didn't try Bluetooth yet) the Moode web interface doesn't show the current cover art but it shows a text saying "AirPlay Active"

Is that a bug/configuration issue or the software doesn't support such feature.

I'm asking since I used other audio player software on my RPi and they had that information.

I really like Moode so I'm hoping for such feature/fix.

Thanks,
Uri

In the distant past moOde supported art and metadata from Airplay but it was unreliable so the feature was dropped. The issue with reliability could have been due to the particular implementation I used but I was never able to determine root cause.

That led to the development of the current universal mechanism "Renderer Active" for handling Airplay, Spotify, Bluetooth and Squeezelite. Its also used for "Input Active" for certain audio devices that provide Analog or S/PDIF inputs, and it provides Preamp volume control in these cases. It's proved to be very reliable :-)

As far as the future goes, as Kent said, if a dev wants to create a mechanism for art and metadata from Airplay and Spotify that can be integrated into moOde and is reliable I'll b happy to look at it.

Btw, Bluetooth protocol does not support metadata, its simply a connection.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub