Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Possible to install and route audio to PulseAudio?
Hey there,

I'm trying to find a way to get rid of popping sound between each track when using Spotify Connect with my PiFi DAC+ v2.0 hat. From my extensive reading, it appears this problem is occurring because ALSA is closing the i2c connection momentarily after each track. I've read about people solving this issue by using PulseAusio as the output device and commenting out the "suspend on idle" module, which keeps the audio pipe active to the sound card.
Code:
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

Would it be possible to get this running in Moode, such that all audio (MPD, Airplay, Spotify) would be piped to PulseAudio and then to the DAC? If so, how would I go about making that happen?

Thanks?
Code:
module-suspend-on-idle

is only applicable to Pulseaudio and is used because pulseaudio had an idle problem.  It does not pertain to ALSA so even if it was possible to pipe to Pulse the supposed popping upstream would be piped too...think about it.

You're much better to research ALSA  solutions....though it is quite probable you have a driver issue with that PiFi DAC+ v2.0 hat being a cheap iteration of the HifiBerry board.

Something you could try is to check the system tab for the CPU setting...if it is at the default 'On Demand' then try changing it to 'Performance'

There is a thread referencing this here...see post #70
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid16800

Also, when posting issues please include some useful info such as Pi version, Moode version, Power supply used (official or otherwise), any logs ?, and pasting the info from the Moode 'System info' tab is always of help..Wink
----------
bob
(02-28-2020, 09:01 PM)partytime-excellent Wrote: Hey there,

I'm trying to find a way to get rid of popping sound between each track when using Spotify Connect with my PiFi DAC+ v2.0 hat. From my extensive reading, it appears this problem is occurring because ALSA is closing the i2c connection momentarily after each track. I've read about people solving this issue by using PulseAusio as the output device and commenting out the "suspend on idle" module, which keeps the audio pipe active to the sound card.
Code:
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

Would it be possible to get this running in Moode, such that all audio (MPD, Airplay, Spotify) would be piped to PulseAudio and then to the DAC? If so, how would I go about making that happen?

Thanks?

One of the USPs of Moode and similar audio-focused Linux distributions is accurate, digital playback direct to the audio device driver. Putting Pulseaudio in the mix introduces resampling like every other general purpose operating system which negates the premise of an audio-focused distro no?