Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Random Not Working
I have latest MoOde, if i add files to current playlist, it just runs out even with random ON

mpc status shows:

[playing] #1/1   1:57/3:50 (50%)
volume:  5%   repeat: off   random: on    single: off   consume: on

settings are like:
[Image: 1Z5q5hb.png]
Any operation that manipulates the Playlist will automatically turn off Auto-shuffle random play because it needs exclusive access to the Playlist. You will see both random and consume are turned off.

This line showing MPD random ON and consume ON does not make sense because turning Auto-shuffle ON in Audio config disables MPD random play.

volume: 5% repeat: off random: on single: off consume: on
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Are you saying that I just need to turn random off?
mpc would report something like below when Auto-shuffle is ON and the Random button is clicked.

volume: 12%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: on

I'm not able to repro the condition you reported where Auto-shuffle is ON and mpc reports that MPD random play is also ON.

volume: 5% repeat: off random: on single: off consume: on
Enjoy the Music!
I've tried every combination except the correct one obviously.

It sounds so simple. Playlist ends and 2 songs get added, music keeps going.

But, I can not get Auto Shuffle to work.

I've downloaded a fresh copy of MoOde.  Basic setup for wifi, DAC, NAS.  Connect to music source (NAS).  Enable auto shuffle.  Then I'm adding 5 songs to playlist.  Press play and wait.  Nothing, no songs added , music stops.
Auto-shuffle needs exclusive access to the Playlist. Stop playback and then click the Random button. Works perfectly every time for me :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(03-05-2020, 03:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Auto-shuffle needs exclusive access to the Playlist. Stop playback and then click the Random button. Works perfectly every time for me :-)

This problem has been mentioned before (since Moode version 5)

It has something to do with the ashuffle routine used by Moode.

I tried auto shuffle with:
700 songs - no problem
16300 songs - no problem
40823 songs - auto shuffle no longer working

The only solution is a new ashuffle release which should solve the problem. The above problem is addressed with the maker of ashuffle.
(03-06-2020, 03:34 PM)rylfas Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 03:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Auto-shuffle needs exclusive access to the Playlist. Stop playback and then click the Random button. Works perfectly every time for me :-)

This problem has been mentioned before (since Moode version 5)

It has something to do with the ashuffle routine used by Moode.

I tried auto shuffle with:
700 songs - no problem
16300 songs - no problem
40823 songs - auto shuffle no longer working

The only solution is a new ashuffle release which should solve the problem. The above problem is addressed with the maker of ashuffle.

The most recent commit to ashuffle occurred in December 2019 but the relevant issue (Limitations on ashuffle), dated December 2018, remains open.

As I read the issue, some moOde user---you, say---with a collection big enough to cause the failure needs to gather diagnostic information to give to the ashuffle developer. Based on your numbers, my collection is too small by a factor of 5.

Regards,
Kent
Hmm, I have less than 5800 songs within 789 folders.  Is that to many for ashuffle?

I've tried everything but there is no indication as to why i can't get it to work.

I'm currently installing fresh and will try with just a few albums.

What is the best way to test

Enable in settings
[Image: RIPZ4GS.png]

Add songs to playlist
[Image: MDHUrbH.png]

Turn shuffle on
[Image: f4k5pLU.png]

Then press play.
(03-06-2020, 09:21 PM)normand Wrote: Hmm, I have less than 5800 songs within 789 folders.  Is that to many for ashuffle?

I've tried everything but there is no indication as to why i can't get it to work.

I'm currently installing fresh and will try with just a few albums.

What is the best way to test

Enable in settings
[Image: RIPZ4GS.png]

Add songs to playlist
[Image: MDHUrbH.png]

Turn shuffle on
[Image: f4k5pLU.png]

Then press play.

The second step is not correct

Enable auto-shuffle in settings
Enable Consume
Turn Shuffle on