Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cannot download good image
Hi all, I have been using Moode for 2 years and decided to upgrade to  Moode 642 on my Pi3b+. I know this isn't a Moode  problem but every time I download an image and unzip on my windows 10 PC it gives the message "the disc image file is corrupted" when  I double click on the file. I have tried using "sfc /scannow" and it reports "no violations". I have tried disabling my anti virus and three different browsers and also a different PC (windows 8.1, same Avast antivirus) with the same result. I also got the same result unzipping older Moode downloads that I know were fine before. I can unzip and use other files no problem. So I tried Volumio just to check and same result, so apparently it is just isos that are the problem. I really don't know what else to do. Any ideas? Thanks so much; I want my Moode back.
(02-28-2020, 06:22 PM)steadman Wrote: Hi all, I have been using Moode for 2 years and decided to upgrade to  Moode 642 on my Pi3b+. I know this isn't a Moode  problem but every time I download an image and unzip on my windows 10 PC it gives the message "the disc image file is corrupted" when  I double click on the file. I have tried using "sfc /scannow" and it reports "no violations". I have tried disabling my anti virus and three different browsers and also a different PC (windows 8.1, same Avast antivirus) with the same result. I also got the same result unzipping older Moode downloads that I know were fine before. I can unzip and use other files no problem. So I tried Volumio just to check and same result, so apparently it is just isos that are the problem. I really don't know what else to do. Any ideas? Thanks so much; I want my Moode back.

I don't know why you're double clicking on the unzipped image file, but stop. You're trying to tell Windows to execute a Linux disk image!

If you use the free tool Balena Etcher to flash the image to a uSD card, there is no need to unzip the downloaded file first. Etcher also makes it harder to shoot yourself in the foot by flashing to the wrong card. It's available for a variety of OSes.

Regards,
Kent
This is just Windows being the big dumb, limited, proprietary system that it is.
I'm wondering why you're unzipping the file. You can use Etcher to write the compresssed image file directly to an SD card.
Thanks for the replies. I don't remember having to use different software for earlier versions, and so I skipped over going to the Pi support forum. I did download Balena Etcher and it worked perfectly the first time. My apologies for not being thorough enough.