Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Piano 2.1 and RPi 4
Has anyone had any experience using the Allo Piano 2.1 dac with the Kali on a Raspberry Pi 4?  The information on the Allo site hasn't been updated since the unit was released and that was with either the RPi 1 or RPi 2.  Will the Piano work on the newer Pi?
(03-11-2020, 11:17 PM)barryso Wrote: Has anyone had any experience using the Allo Piano 2.1 dac with the Kali on a Raspberry Pi 4?  The information on the Allo site hasn't been updated since the unit was released and that was with either the RPi 1 or RPi 2.  Will the Piano work on the newer Pi?

Hey Barry,

I can't give a definitive answer, but I moved on to a Pi 4B last summer with my Boss Dac without a hiccup through all the current release series. I haven't seen a single statement about problems on this forum (which I follow daily). I currently have v 6.4.2 up and the Piano 2.1 is an explicit choice for configuration. I'd just give it a try.

Skiip
(03-12-2020, 04:47 PM)Skip Pack Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 11:17 PM)barryso Wrote: Has anyone had any experience using the Allo Piano 2.1 dac with the Kali on a Raspberry Pi 4?  The information on the Allo site hasn't been updated since the unit was released and that was with either the RPi 1 or RPi 2.  Will the Piano work on the newer Pi?

Hey Barry,

I can't give a definitive answer, but I moved on to a Pi 4B last summer with my Boss Dac without a hiccup through all the current release series. I haven't seen a single statement about problems on this forum (which I follow daily). I currently have v 6.4.2 up and the Piano 2.1 is an explicit choice for configuration. I'd just give it a try.

Skiip

Thanks Skip!