Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: iPad connected via Bluetooth but no sound?
Yes, home wi-fi which works fine. OK, here's a summary of my latest attempt:

(1) Moode BT on, Airplay off. iPad BT connected to Moode BT. BBC Sounds App on iPad displays "Airplay and Bluetooth" in red as output option. When that is selected App says "Connected to Moode Bluetooth". Sound jittery so using BT.

(2) Moode BT off, Airplay on. iPad does not connect to BT (obv!). BBC Sounds App on iPad displays "Airplay and Bluetooth" in white as output option. That cannot be selected, but App says "Connect to Airplay" is available, I just can't select it. Sound output only direct from iPad.

(3) Moode BT on, Airplay on. Same as (1).

So my conclusion is that if indeed Airplay is working at all, it is transmitting over BT, not wi-fi.

BUT! If I open the iPad Music app and play something, the Airplay icon appears and if I touch it I can select Moode Airplay and get perfect sound so it's obviously transmitting via wi-fi. Now if I go to BBC Sounds app, I get perfect sound so that too is now using wi-fi!

Apple devices may "just work" but sometimes they can be darned arcane!!

So the answer to my original question is enable both BT and Airplay in moOde, turn iPad BT on and connect to moOde BT, check that "Bluetooth Active" on moOde playing screen, then go to iOS Music app, play something, touch the Airplay icon and choose "Moode Airplay" as output option, and it will play to moOde over wi-fi and sound fine. BBC Sounds and Radio Paradise apps also work so I'm guessing other music apps will too.

We got there in the end but by 'eck wot a palaver Smile.

Cheers
Richard
Airplay is a media streaming network protocol, other examples of similar protocols being UPnP, Chromecast and Spotify Connect.
Airplay is nothing to do with Bluetooth, completey different technology stack.

I have the Bluetooth renderer disabled and the Airplay renderer enabled on Moode, my SO can stream comtent from her iPhone to Moode via Airplay just fine.
I appreciate Airplay and Bluetooth are different protocols but I cannot get Airplay to connect without Bluetooth also being active. When I go to settings > Bluetooth on the iOS device it says Airdrop and Airplay require Bluetooth. Maybe once the Airplay connection has been established via Bluetooth perhaps it's possible to disable the BT connection. All I know is I needed the BT active to be able to establish an Airplay connection. Anyway, it's working, that's the main thing, and thanks Viinnn for the suggestion to try Airplay, it has solved my problem Smile.