Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Problem to connect my first NAS
Photo 
Hello everebody,
as thread says i try to configure my first NAS in Moode (Synology DS118) but no results;
SCAN search don't detected any nas, so i tried to find manually but appear error message, i searched in other thread about and follow suggestions but nothing's change and probably i forgot  or i'm wrong some settings in NAS config, by inexperience about it.
No problem with Windows or external devices, NAS works.

Can you help me and follow my settings to solve problems please? 
I don't think is a problem of NAS but in this case i'm in time to return it and choice another one, many many thnks..

Below the log strings and Nas page screenshot about

https://postimg.cc/H8tdZ01Z

20200321 082255 sourceMount(): mountstr=(mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.102/DiskStation" -o username="Guest",password="",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/Syno")
20200321 082255 sourceMount(): sysoutput=(mount error(127): Key has expired
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))
20200321 082255 sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(127): Key has expired

EDIT: this is NFS rules screenshot, i created it insert the Moode IP that i see in router page, correct?
https://postimg.cc/7bzwh2bJ
Hello Blixa,

As dealing with internal IPs, I would suggest that you change your NFS IP's rule with "192.168.1.0/24" (this is what I did) in your Synology NAS: this way, you give access to all internal IPs for your network.

I also put the directory in "read only" so no issue to be foreseen (for my music files) and finally I ticked the "access to sub-directories" option and everything works as it should for my Synology NAS.

I hope that this information will be useful to you.
(03-21-2020, 09:34 AM)pkdick Wrote: Hello Blixa,

As dealing with internal IPs, I would suggest that you change your NFS IP's rule with "192.168.1.0/24" (this is what I did) in your Synology NAS: this way, you give access to all internal IPs for your network.

I also put the directory in "read only" so no issue to be foreseen (for my music files) and finally I ticked the "access to sub-directories" option and everything works as it should for my Synology NAS.

I hope that this information will be useful to you.

Hi pkdick, thanks for your response..
i've just tried but doesn't works, Moode don't detect any NAS, i must write  NAS IP in it?
I'm sorry, i need to solve step by step..

https://postimg.cc/gncXcV3Y
(03-21-2020, 07:46 AM)Blixa Wrote: Hello everebody,
as thread says i try to configure my first NAS in Moode (Synology DS118) but no results;
SCAN search don't detected any nas, so i tried to find manually but appear error message, i searched in other thread about and follow suggestions but nothing's change and probably i forgot  or i'm wrong some settings in NAS config, by inexperience about it.
No problem with Windows or external devices, NAS works.

Can you help me and follow my settings to solve problems please? 
I don't think is a problem of NAS but in this case i'm in time to return it and choice another one, many many thnks..

Below the log strings and Nas page screenshot about

https://postimg.cc/H8tdZ01Z

20200321 082255 sourceMount(): mountstr=(mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.102/DiskStation" -o username="Guest",password="",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/Syno")
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))
20200321 082255 sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(127): Key has expired

EDIT: this is NFS rules screenshot, i created it insert the Moode IP that i see in router page, correct?
https://postimg.cc/7bzwh2bJ

Full disclosure: I don't own any Synology products and have only a vague idea of their configuration process.

First, I'm confused because "NFS" keeps appearing in your posts and your screen capture but the following shows you are trying to mount an SMB share:

Code:

This mount string looks pretty good BUT is the name of your SMB music share really "DiskStation"???  

Take for example, my OpenMediaVault NAS. It is publishing SMB shares named "MUSIC" and "TEST". The counterpart string to mount the TEST share in moOde would be '(mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.12/TEST" ...)' if I had entered the IP address of my NAS when configuring the source.

Next

Code:

A quick search of the InterWeb™ turns up posts suggesting this means an expired password (on Synology). I wouldn't sweat this until I knew I had correctly identified the share to be mounted.

As for the scan function, it seems to be unreliable on my LAN when certain other hosts are running. In one case, a mal-configured SMB server on a Linux box was interfering with the broadcast messages used to find SMB servers, in another case it was a Windows box. I never took the time to track down what specifically was happening; I just disabled the rogues.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kent
(03-21-2020, 12:39 PM)TheOldPr Wrote:
Quote:Full disclosure: I don't own any Synology products and have only a vague idea of their configuration process.

First, I'm confused because "NFS" keeps appearing in your posts and your screen capture but the following shows you are trying to mount an SMB share:

Code:
20200321 082255 sourceMount(): mountstr=(mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.102/DiskStation" -o username="Guest",pas
sword="",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/Syno")

I'm confused too, probably i'm wrong the correct way to mount my nas;
I select SMB because in other thread i read that is the correct way, and at same time i enable NFS permissions, like suggested..

Quote:This mount string looks pretty good BUT is the name of your SMB music share really "DiskStation"???  

Take for example, my OpenMediaVault NAS. It is publishing SMB shares named "MUSIC" and "TEST". The counterpart string to mount the TEST share in moOde would be '(mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.12/TEST" ...)' if I had entered the IP address of my NAS when configuring the source.

DiskStation is the name in the router page with own associated IP, i simply copied in Moode Nas config page, i'm doing it wrong?
Below screenshot of control panel and share directories of Synology, maybe in this way could be simply for you;
I know, the problem is my inexperienced to mount a nas.

https://postimg.cc/fSYGg9kr

Thanks Kent
Quote:TheOldPresbyope

Ok, as i thought i made simply mistakes, now inserting ID and pwd of NAS works (before i used Guest and blank pwd);
But, when i open NAS folder i don't see any directory, i presume that i should see MUSIC folder in it, i must enable subdirectory like suggested Pkdick (but i don't find anything to flag)?

https://postimg.cc/sMWfSwYp
@Blixa

Ok. So, what you've shown so far suggests your NAS IP address is 192.168.1.102, you want to mount the SMB share named "music" (which has guest access), and you want to give this share the friendly name "Syno".

This suggests that your Music source page should look like

[Image: IeLdmv2.png]

where I used the manual-edit option to enter the hostIP/share info.

Have you tried this?

Regards,
Kent

Stay safe.
(03-21-2020, 01:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: where I used the manual-edit option to enter the hostIP/share info.

Have you tried this?

Regards,
Kent

Stay safe.

Yes Kent, IP/MUSIC and now i see NAS in Moode Library page, but inside "Syno" there's no any folder:

https://postimg.cc/4npGNm13

https://postimg.cc/zL9mqrbW

P.s. I haven't uploaded any files yet but i don't think it matters to see MUSIC subfolder..

Thanks

EDIT: i try to upload a file and now it works and i can see it... Maybe it solved!
Thanks for your support!!!!
OP, you posted images of some NFS details (but not what the share is called), then you try to connect via SMB?
You know NFS and SMB aren't the same protocol right?

When connecting to an NFS share pick share type of "NFS", the path would be 192.168.1.102/sharename (replacing "sharename" with the path to the desired share/export)
(03-21-2020, 02:36 PM)vinnn Wrote: OP, you posted images of some NFS details (but not what the share is called), then you try to connect via SMB?
You know NFS and SMB aren't the same protocol right?

When connecting to an NFS share pick share type of "NFS", the path would be 192.168.1.102/sharename (replacing "sharename" with the path to the desired share/export)

Hi Vinnn, no i don't, i'm a beginner about NFS and SMB.. I was confused because in some threads read about must be selected SMB and enable NFS permissions.. 
But now seems works with IP/MUSIC, can i leave SMB in NAS type selection?

Thanks