Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

home alone...almost.
We are only hours away from a full lock-down here in NZ.... Alert Level 4 and State of Emergency Declared. Exclamation

#1 wifelet has moved out to care for her aged Father... The dog and I are left to feed and entertain ourselves....(meat night !)

Unboxed the big speakers...(Shahinian Arcs) and have been 'exercising' them ahead of a listening.... Smile

As the crossover caps reform and the surrounds become more flexible the SQ improves in leaps and bounds..4 days and counting... Wink

Looking forward to the next MoOde release... and now having plenty of down  time to enjoy it !!

In these uncertain times the MoOde team continue to refine and update ..... 6.5 looms and no doubt will be awesome. Cool

When it lands and fills the void of your own self isolation show your appreciation....send a donation and support Tim and his continued commitment to your audio-phonic enjoyment... Smile

all the best to you and yours, and to Tim and the Team...
Stay safe..
Bob.
----------
bob
Kind words, thanks.
Stay safe is all I can also say. Here, in France, it's a nightmare in the daylight.
And yes I do hope I can support Tim & Team ASAP, but à la Morrissey "how soon is ASAP?"...no more job for the me and that's just a bad dream when others have nightmares...
For everyone:
Haut les cœurs !
Wink 
Yep... here in So California, it's the same... virtual lockdown,  stay in, stay safe, and stay sane...  doing so will help,  and it won't last forever.

I noticed,   with a smile on my face,  a WHO suggestion for better mental health...  limit looking at the news to twice a day.   Wink

Luckily we have music... our own, and worlds of streaming in services or online radio stations.  (local on air ones, too!)

Also thought I'd share this article,  suggesting a radical, new way to listen to music, (at least to the not very music appreciating, non audiophile majorities out there)

as something to try...  Appreciating Whole Albums with one's Full Attention.  (what a concept!)
NYT Deep Listening

Definitely something to do with all the extra time at home...   Cool Big Grin
OMG. Sideburns, lying on the floor, record changer, Barney Kessel "Easy Like". If it weren't for the watch band on the wrong wrist (I'm a southpaw) that could have been me Tongue
(03-27-2020, 10:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: OMG. Sideburns, lying on the floor, record changer, Barney Kessel "Easy Like". If it weren't for the watch band on the wrong wrist (I'm a southpaw) that could have been me Tongue

Heheheheh!!!  Love it!   

The "on the floor" thing got me...   Twas oh, a couple decades later than Clint there.  I was remembering a high school buddy who invented a listening style we all called "Ed W Headphones".

Put the family's big speakers 3 feet apart on the floor,  with a large pillow in between them...  and take in, oh, say "Close to the Edge"  or "Dark Side of the Moon",  or "Foxtrot", or Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV, or some Deep Purple,  for that matter...   Helped if both your folks worked and would be gone long enough not to come home and, er, break the listening spell...

Whatever the album that can move you, from Baroque Classical to "Kind of Blue" to something written yesterday...   Haven't given it a GOOD listen for a while?  Reserve some time and give it the space and attention it deserves....

Oh, and let us know how it went...   Hey,  I wouldn't mind finding some new things worth immersing myself in!  New thread anyone?
Nice link! That's what I try to explain all the time! =)
Greetings from north of Italy.. Hard times, about a month from lockdown but we never lost smile and positivity..
Moode always runs on my end from morning to evening..softly with electro soundscapes or eclectic with my collection of postpunk bands.

Thanks for your work..stay safe

#iorestoacasa
(03-28-2020, 07:10 AM)JonPike Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 10:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: OMG. Sideburns, lying on the floor, record changer, Barney Kessel "Easy Like". If it weren't for the watch band on the wrong wrist (I'm a southpaw) that could have been me Tongue

Heheheheh!!!  Love it!   

The "on the floor" thing got me...   Twas oh, a  couple decades later than Clint there.  I was remembering a high school buddy who invented a listening style we all called "Ed W Headphones".

Put the family's big speakers 3 feet apart on the floor,  with a large pillow in between them...  and take in, oh, say "Close to the Edge"  or "Dark Side of the Moon",  or "Foxtrot", or Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV, or some Deep Purple,  for that matter...   Helped if both your folks worked and would be gone long enough not to come home and, er, break the listening spell...

Whatever the album that can move you, from Baroque Classical to "Kind of Blue" to something written yesterday...   Haven't given it a GOOD listen for a while?  Reserve some time and give it the space and attention it deserves....

Oh, and let us know how it went...   Hey,  I wouldn't mind finding some new things worth immersing myself in!  New thread anyone?

If you like jazz try "Blue Maqams" Anouar Brahem something new delicious!
Have Fun!
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
(04-02-2020, 05:09 PM)Blixa Wrote: Greetings from north of Italy.. Hard times, about a month from lockdown but we never lost smile and positivity..
Moode always runs on my end from morning to evening..softly with electro soundscapes or eclectic with my collection of postpunk bands.

#iorestoacasa

I have friends in Varese, my thoughts are with you, I know what you are going through.  We are starting to see this ourselves in the UK except we have panic buying, many greedy people buying more than they need leaving others with nothing, when there is still more than enough to go round, for everyone.
I have friends with a 6 week old child not able to obtain baby formula because people walked out of supermarkets with 6 months supply.

Anyway, on a positive note, working from home means my main Moode player has been on all day, streamning music from my NAS & keeping me sane.  
I miss the outdoors, I am a wild camper, enjoy multi day hikes & generally the outdoors lifestyle, today I should have been on a ferry to the Isle of Man to start a coastal hike over 8 days, but at least I can work at home & enjoy Moode so I count myself lucky.
(04-04-2020, 09:20 AM)grasshopper Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:09 PM)Blixa Wrote: Greetings from north of Italy.. Hard times, about a month from lockdown but we never lost smile and positivity..

#iorestoacasa

I have friends in Varese, my thoughts are with you, I know what you are going through.  We are starting to see this ourselves in the UK except we have panic buying, many greedy people buying more than they need leaving others with nothing, when there is still more than enough to go round, for everyone.
I have friends with a 6 week old child not able to obtain baby formula because people walked out of supermarkets with 6 months supply.

Hi Grasshopper, thanks for your words.. Luckily the situation about new contagions begin to stabilize but still many deads..
We must all get used to living together virus, probably at the middle of April a part of lockdown will be off (factories and other activities) but this situation will go ahead for many months..
I know what happens in UK, i have some friends in Sussex and the people live in panic, your example with supermarket is perfect about this, the first week of lockdown in Italy it was the same, people was scared and unclear communications from Governement it didn't help.. About UK or Europe in general, in my honest opinion all govermenents moved late about limitations, they had our hard times in front of their eyes and it was madness to wait to lockdown.. Money Reigns.

Anyway, be positive.. Wink

Thanks mate..sorry for my english..
Marco