Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide MERUS™ audio amp HAT ZW: configuration
Hi all,

There is new intresting Amp released:  Infineon KIT_40W_AMP_HAT-ZW

Specs as on website:
  • Equipped with MERUSTM MA12070P proprietary multi-level amplifier

• Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless

• Power input: 5V/2.5A - sourced from the same single supply as the Raspberry Pi

• No need for external or extra power supplies

• Up to 40W instantaneous peak output power with the Raspberry Pi official 5V/2.5A supply
Soon I will have a version to start testing. As it is not yet in the compatibility list, I was wondering what is the best approach:
1) As it is stated that the driver is supported within Raspbian, by adding dtoverlay=merus-amp  in config.txt. Shoul I install Rasbian and than start to install MOODE?
2) Install MOODE and try various DACs?
3) Any other methods?

The application note with respect to the SW is at: SW application note

Many thanks for your advise,

Thanks,

Olaf
I asked about it a while back but never got a response from Infineon.
https://github.com/Infineon/merus-audio-...w/issues/1

I could probably integrate it into upcoming r650 but we would need to work closely to get the ALSA options defined and tested.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-25-2020, 06:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I asked about it a while back but never got a response from Infineon.
https://github.com/Infineon/merus-audio-...w/issues/1

I could probably integrate it into upcoming r650 but we would need to work closely to get the ALSA options defined and tested.

-Tim
Hi Tim,

Ok, I will try to ask Infineon to provide information.
Thanks,
Olaf
Whats the point of your post that just repeats my reply.

It's looking spammy to me and I've got no tolerance for spammers in our nice Forum.

Please explain.
Enjoy the Music!
Ok nvm :-)

You are getting a board so why involve the vendor? They haven't bothered to respond to me and since your are interested in integrating it we should just work it out.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Looks like there is info for this...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...hw8O6EOktg
https://github.com/Infineon/merus-audio-.../README.md

Code:
Name:   merus-amp
Info:   Configures the merus-amp audio card
Load:   dtoverlay=merus-amp
Params: <None>
----------
bob
(03-25-2020, 03:34 PM)OlafM Wrote: Hi all,

There is new intresting Amp released:  Infineon KIT_40W_AMP_HAT-ZW

Specs as on website:
  • ................... snip ...............................

• Power input: 5V/2.5A - sourced from the same single supply as the Raspberry Pi

• No need for external or extra power supplies

• Up to 40W instantaneous peak output power with the Raspberry Pi official 5V/2.5A supply
....................................  snip ..........................................................

Olaf

££32.28 plus delivery from Digikey UK

*WARNING* Here's a clever marketing ploy from INFINEON... 40W instantaneous peak output power with the Raspberry Pi official 5V/2.5A supply. This is a perfectly technical way (amongst others) for measuring an amplifier's output power and BUT it does not equates to 40W RMS output power from your HiFi amplifier in the lounge!! It is probably delivering just 3-4W RMS power and dissipating an amount of heat which may not be good for your RPi in the long run...
Indeed. 40W from a 5v/2.5A supply that also feeds the RPi? That's just ridiculous.
Hi Tim,

Just hit the reply button to quickly, sorry for that. 
In the next days, I will test the Amp with Raspbian. If it it sounds ok for its application (table desk audio), I will come back to you. And we can see how we move forward.
From technology point of view, there is a story behind the 40 W peak from a 5V 2.5 A power supply see Application note. and Technology
Regards,
Olaf