Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Problem: Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0"
(07-21-2020, 02:46 PM)agnellopinto@gmail.com Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:12 AM)gwurb Wrote: Good afternoon,

I am getting an error:
MPD Error

Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0": No such file or directory

I am using Hifiberry DAC+ Pro HAT with Raspberry Pi 3B

I know this topic has come up before, and I've read through previous posts. What I've noticed is that most people have done one of two things:
  1. Turn off I2S audio DAC, restart, turn I2S audio DAC back on, restart -> everything works again
  2. Re-flash the whole moode audio, turn on I2S audio DAC -> everything works
.....................................      s n i p      ...........................................

I am facing the same error and I have noticed that this error occurs only if I do a Hard/Cold Shutdown by unplugging the USB. A soft Shutdown works fine.

Please consider trying both methods underlined above (very likely NO.2, rebuilding and configuring the latest MoOde version 6.7.0, preferably on a new known brand microSD card, will 'fix' the problem).
for the next, a solution is given here:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=157
happened once again...
tired...
(12-23-2022, 10:35 AM)rph-r Wrote: happened once again...
tired...

It's prolly best that this thread be closed since its almost impossible to do any troubleshooting with the posts.

Please post your specific issue in a new thread and include some details for example moOde version, startup log (moodeutl -l), audio device etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub