Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Keyboard shortcuts for volume (macos only)
Question 
Hi all and thank you to the developpers for making my daily music app.

I've searched a quicker way to raise/lower volume of mpd  when working on my computer (macos), thought of keyboard shortcuts that would do it while navigating/viewing the web browser app. Is there a way to do that ?

EDIT: Found some kind of a solution with Automator, so this is macos only. Automator is a stock app so no need to install any app. This solution is not ultra-responsive but I found it satisfying enough.

If you want to try it:
- Run Automator
- Create a new service, choosing "Execute AppleScript"
- Insert this little code below with the moodeaudio hostname of your installation (YourMoodeAudioHostName) and the command you want to map to a key (TheCommandYouWantToMap — see below)
- Choose Receives no input from any application
- save
- repeat for all the commands you want.
Code:
on run {input, parameters}
    do shell script "curl --ipv4 http://YourMoodeAudioHostName/command/?cmd=TheCommandYouWantToMap"
    return input
end run

I use 6 commands that match my apple apple keyboard media keys :
- lower volume (to 5 steps more, change the last number for your needs): .../command/?cmd=vol.sh%20dn%205
- raise volume (to 5 steps more, change the last number for your needs): .../command/?cmd=vol.sh%20up%205
- play/pause: .../command/?cmd=play
- next track: .../command/?cmd=next
- previous track: .../command/?cmd=previous
- mute/unmute: .../command/?cmd=vol.sh%20mute

Finally, map the services to keyboards keys in preferences / keyboard / shortcuts / services. Original media keys can be used with the addition of cmd(⌘) key or alt(⌥) key but note that you could also have to push fn key if you don't use standard f1 f2 etc keys.

Et voilà : )