Thank you for your donation!

Unbelievable!!!
Hi all ,

I thought I should provide some feedback on my experience with moode , honestly I can't believe it is this good. I first started out with volumio but couldnt get it to do what I wanted it to do , I had to install this plugin and edit this in the terminal , etc ,etc .

Moode made my setup child's play . I easily configured gpios for play vol up /down using the gpio handler, connected to my Nextcloud storage for local music using nfs and mono ouput for my single speaker using sox resampling, mpd config option.

The sound is incredible it really does sound better than volumio , I didnt believe it when others said that it did. I also really like the UI layout very clean and simple , but beautiful in its own way .

I did however have a playback issue where the audio would stop, strangely by itself  I couldnt work out what it was causing the issue but i've since tried a fresh install on a different SD Card and so far it seems ok .

I have a quick question , volumio suggests on their website that their setup runs completely in ram , is this the case with moode ?

anyway thanks to Tim the developer for such amazing software , I will definitely be donating as soon as I get paid .

looking forward to the 6.5 update . Smile
There's nothing explicit in moOde for running from RAM because Linux and PHP already cache files and scripts in RAM as they are used. Basically, after moOde starts virtually all of its code is cached in RAM.
Thumbs Up 
(04-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There's nothing explicit in moOde for running from RAM because Linux and PHP already cache files and scripts in RAM as they are used. Basically, after moOde starts virtually all of its code is cached in RAM.

Thanks Tim for the reply and for answering my question .

annoyingly after I made this post my issue with the playback stopping, it happened again and randomly with out playing anything for a few hours it randomly started playing again by itself .

hopefully I can workout out what the issue is .

I'll open a thread in the support section to get advice .

thanks again for your great work .
(04-17-2020, 04:22 PM)GreyLinux Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There's nothing explicit in moOde for running from RAM because Linux and PHP already cache files and scripts in RAM as they are used. Basically, after moOde starts virtually all of its code is cached in RAM.

Thanks Tim for the reply and for answering my question .

annoyingly after I made this post my issue with the playback stopping, it happened again and randomly with out playing anything for a few hours it randomly started playing again by itself .

hopefully I can workout out what the issue is .

I'll open a thread in the support section to get advice .

thanks again for your great work .
I originally came from Volumio, and was blown away by moodeSmile 

I have a playback issue as well now, mpd crashes, and I can’t figure out why, and sadly I have to use Volumio for the time being until I figure out how to fix it. Moode is just better, but I don’t have the same playback issue with Volumio. So until then I have to stick with something that just works.
Ive since discovered that all my playback issues are hardware related and nothing in moode or my configuration is causing the issue .