Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Power options for RPi + Allo BOSS v1.2
(10-29-2018, 08:21 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 12:57 PM)yannig Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 09:03 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: (... probably your question went unnoticed...)

I assume you need to find out how long it takes for the RPi to be fully functional while running Moode after Power ON. This would depend on several factors:
- the model of RPi
- the Moode version
- the booting device the Moode Player is installed upon (quality and speed of the uSD card / USB memory stick / classic or SSD HDD)
- the charasteristics of the RPi power supply

Probably is best if you time yourself the RPi as a 'standalone' player (SSH...?... I guess HDMI goes 'off' at some point but you can try...). Please let us know your findings (and characteristics of your RPi kit) if you succumb to run such tests Wink

RPi 3B or 3B+
moode last version
standard class10 sdcard
Allo Boss.

I guess I do not care much about the booting time of moode+ Rpi.

I just need to know how much time I have to wait after the dac powering to power the rpi

and (perhaps) how much time I have to wait after the powering down of the Rpi to power down the dac.

I just want to automatize the powering up (and down) of these 2 supplies, without associating the software.

I understand very well your plan. When I started to use two PSUs in connection to a RPi and a HAT DAC I've briefly entertained the wish to set-up an automatic POWER UP/DOWN of the kit but then i became complacent helped by the fact that the RPi/DAC combo is left permanently ON unless I test a new PSU or Tim & Team 'disturb' the peace of my RPi with a new Moode version Big Grin . I always use a quality uSD card and my house is not plagued by frequent power outages...

My empirical rule-of-thumb manual ritual:
- RPi power up 30 seconds after the HAT DAC power up
- HAT DAC power down 30 seconds after RPi power down

@CallMeMike,

I'm curious how you came to decide something on the order of 30 seconds was necessary? I seldom wait more than 2 seconds between powering up my Allo Boss and powering up my RPi (and the same amount of time for powering down, in the reverse order), and I assumed even that was more than necessary. Did you have a negative experience waiting less than around 30 seconds? 

Regards,
William

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power options for RPi + Allo BOSS v1.2 - by willyside - 10-30-2018, 03:58 PM