Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

UPNP players don't 'see' moode player
This has happened before, forgive me for asking again.

Everything was working fine, and then not.

So, Moode is working on a rPi3+ with an Allo signature plus - I can access the gui through my network @ 198.162.1.2 -- I can play internet radio, I'm sure if I had a music stick or other music source that'd work too.....

I turn on the Upnp renderer in moode - configure all my Tidal and Qobuz accounts, restart -- but no matter what I do, I don't find Moode listed on any controller software I try -- Bubble DS, Lumin, Kazoo -- won't show on a server network controller like Bubble Upnp either......

this must be something simple and I'm an idiot - can anyone help?

Last time this happened, I don't know how -- but it 'magically' appeared after clicking around  and now -- GONE.  Can't get it back.  What am I doing wrong?
@dbdicker

We never got to the bottom of your issue the first time around. That it just "magically" started working didn't reveal any clues. The observation that you had to turn on local SSH didn't seem relevant. 

One thing which caught my eye in your second post which may be relevant was the statement that your player is "connected via network both by ethernet and wireless." This should be one or the other but not both. If this statement is true, then fix it first.

What is your networking situation? Be specific to be terrific. In particular, what is your router? It has to pass mDNS/avahi/bonjour packets. As discussed in a different thread, http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...6#pid18106, one user's router was blocking this traffic.

You never told us what other hosts you are using, just the UPnP client apps. On my Android devices, I use an app named "UPnP Tool" to survey all the UPnP services visible on my LAN. I don't know about a counterpart app for iOS or OS X. On Linux systems there's other ways, which can be used on Windows10 as well through the Windows for Linux Subsystem.

I'll have to cogitate a bit about next possible tests. No doubt, others will chime it.

Regards,
Kent
Ok, I've shut off the wireless.  I have Verizon router in the basement -- I have a Linksys router that's coming off that one, where I access all of my wifi signals.  The other ports of the Verizon router are hard lines for my desktops and the Rpi connection.  all of the controllers are wireless off of the linksys network.  I had an Auralic Aries as a streamer that I took out, I do remember that in order to make that work, I was instructed by the tech guys at Auralic to turn the second router (linksys) to work as an access point.  Don't remember how I did that or if those changes are still in effect or if that's the problem here.  

I don't know which of the other Upnp services I might have - I have a chromecast and a roku and a smart tv that show up as renderers (sometimes!) when I look at a server read out like the Bubble -- again, don't know if that's hindering this.....

I'll admit to being a network imbecile.  Is that the kind of info you were looking for?  I can send screen shots, whatever else -- just tell me where to look.

Dan
Quote:I have a Linksys router that's coming off that one, where I access all of my wifi signals.  The other ports of the Verizon router are hard lines for my desktops and the Rpi connection.  all of the controllers are wireless off of the linksys network.

Quite possibly you are running two diffferent subnets---one on the "hard lines" to the Verizon router and the other on the WiFi channel from the Linksys router.

Try connecting your RPi via WiFi instead of via Ethernet. If I'm right, your various UPnP clients will be able to see it but your desktops won't.

Regards,
Kent
Welp, getting closer, I guess.  yes, Kent - connecting via wireless only and now I can 'see' moode upnp on my Lumin and other clients, but no tidal or qobuz.  Yes, I tried to restart the renderer and recheck all credentials.....

this was working PERFECTLY a week ago.  So frustrating.  

in the end, wireless connection alone isn't quite what I want and the bandwidth for hi-res is 'better' with the hard line.  But, I'd like to see it working again first. 

thanks for your efforts.

Dan
Seems, then, that your Linksys router/AP isn't configured the way you want. Sorry, it's been years since I had any Linksys products in use. I agree with your Aurelic tech support folks that you want it to be just an "access point". 

I can't help you through the Linksys screens but I'm sure there's info out there on the InterWeb™. 

For example, a quick search turned up Setting up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router to Bridge Mode using the Classic firmware.

Once you do this you can reconfigure your moOde player to communicate via Ethernet.

Regards,
Kent

PS - Of course, none of this explains why 1) at some point your setup worked and 2) why now it doesn't. The classic help desk question is "what did you change?"
Yeah, well nuttin' is the quick answer.  But I will try to reconfigure my router to work in bridge mode then see what happens.

My guess is I'll have a Rpi3+ allo sig for sale cheap at the end of this.  I'm not smart enough to make this stuff work.  never was -- all this network stuff always confused me.......

But I do appreciate the effort, Kent -- I surely do.

Dan
Ok - got it working. I switched my linksys router to bridge mode. Then, I went on to my home network server - using bubble uPNP -- and moode showed up as renderer. But I wasn't able to access Tidal and Qobuz until I made it into an openhome renderer.

all in all, a lot of playing with buttons and settings I know nothing about - - just a lot of poke and pray.

but there you have it -- all working well again.

Again, many thanks for the suggestions of where to poke, Kent. Much appreciated.

Dan
(04-24-2020, 11:53 AM)dbdicker Wrote: Ok - got it working.  I switched my linksys router to bridge mode.  Then, I went on to my home network server - using bubble uPNP  -- and moode showed up as renderer.  But I wasn't able to access Tidal and Qobuz until I made it into an openhome renderer.  

all in all, a lot of playing with buttons and settings I know nothing about - - just a lot of poke and pray.

but there you have it -- all working well again.  

Again, many thanks for the suggestions of where to poke, Kent.  Much appreciated.

Dan

Hi, Dan.

It seemed like you had to be within sight of the finish line. I'm really glad you persevered.

Not only do you have a working moOde player but you took care of a routing problem that would have plagued you in other ways.

Congrats!

Regards,
Kent