Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.0 support thread
I'm not able to repro the knobs issue on the Pi 7" Touch.

I'll need a volunteer with a 7" Touch that's experiencing the knob sizing issue to help troubleshoot. Just PM me and I'll send you some instrumented files to install via SSH. The modified files will display the viewport size in a popup when the page is refreshed.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-26-2020, 01:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:11 PM)smartroad Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 08:49 AM)petfr Wrote: I'm back at Moode 6.4.2
First of all I would like to apologize for my bad (google) english! I use the official 7 "touch display. The installation of the new version went so far smoothly. The reason is change or reduction of the volume ring in the main window (see attachments). In particular the position of + and - is for me a significant deterioration compared to previous version. It happened to me several times now that I ended up at 100% when changing the volume. This is not healthy for my speakers! Is there a way to enlarge the adjustment ring again?

Greetings from the south of Germany

Peter

I've seen the same issue as well:

Also in the cover view the track info overlaps the control bar at the bottom:

This can be replicated in a browser window on a PC by reducing the size of the window down and it will 'push' the track details into the control bar rather than reducing space between title and album names or reducing the size of the album art.

On 6.4 the behaviour on such a small screen was the album art was on the left with the track information on the right. If it still done it this way it would negate the problem above Smile

-edit- just seen the same on my windows 10 machine with Firefox:

(resized from 4k resolution)

I'll be looking into the knobs issue a bit later this morning.

If I'm not able to repro the knobs issue on my Pi 7" Touch I'll need someone that is experiencing the issue to do a bit of debugging via SSH.

-Tim

@Tim Curtis 

I am not an engineer , but debug logging and SSH are enabled . What can I do ? My system-info is in the attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Found a small typo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-26-2020, 02:27 PM)petfr Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:11 PM)smartroad Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 08:49 AM)petfr Wrote: I'm back at Moode 6.4.2
First of all I would like to apologize for my bad (google) english! I use the official 7 "touch display. The installation of the new version went so far smoothly. The reason is change or reduction of the volume ring in the main window (see attachments). In particular the position of + and - is for me a significant deterioration compared to previous version. It happened to me several times now that I ended up at 100% when changing the volume. This is not healthy for my speakers! Is there a way to enlarge the adjustment ring again?

Greetings from the south of Germany

Peter

I've seen the same issue as well:

Also in the cover view the track info overlaps the control bar at the bottom:

This can be replicated in a browser window on a PC by reducing the size of the window down and it will 'push' the track details into the control bar rather than reducing space between title and album names or reducing the size of the album art.

On 6.4 the behaviour on such a small screen was the album art was on the left with the track information on the right. If it still done it this way it would negate the problem above Smile

-edit- just seen the same on my windows 10 machine with Firefox:

(resized from 4k resolution)

I'll be looking into the knobs issue a bit later this morning.

If I'm not able to repro the knobs issue on my Pi 7" Touch I'll need someone that is experiencing the issue to do a bit of debugging via SSH.

-Tim

@Tim Curtis 

I am not an engineer , but debug logging and SSH are enabled . What can I do ? My system-info is in the attachment

Hi,

I'll contact you tomorrow :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-26-2020, 04:35 PM)vagiyak Wrote: Found a small typo.

I'm not seeing anything in the image you posted. 

Btw, we fixed the timeline issue with tracks longer than 60 mins :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-26-2020, 01:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Below are instructions for installing r650-fix-3 which contains the fixes listed in the release notes. Simply paste the block of commands at the SSH prompt and then perform a Browser refresh or two.

Code:
wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/test/r650-fix-3.zip
unzip -q r650-fix-3.zip -d www
sudo cp -r ./www/* /var/www
sudo rm -rf ./www
sudo rm ./r650-fix-3.zip

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2020-MM-DD TC moOde 6.5.1
//
########################################################

Updates

- UPD: Remove Radio and Playlist search result tallies

Bug fixes

- FIX: Playlist not auto-scrolling in certain cases
- FIX: Playlist item line 2 left margin not correct
- FIX: Track info formatting from Folder view
- FIX: Position issue with search reset buttons
- FIX: Incorrect volume level when unmuting

Bump
Enjoy the Music!
(04-26-2020, 04:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 04:35 PM)vagiyak Wrote: Found a small typo.

I'm not seeing anything in the image you posted. 

Btw, we fixed the timeline issue with tracks longer than 60 mins :-)

-Tim

I'm seeing a double 'r' on 'regenerate' and good news about the fix Big Grin
Smile 
(04-26-2020, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 11:02 AM)suzywong Wrote: I don't know whether anybody has noted this one.

Library View on my Win10 PC. Albums by Artist column. clicking on the #, A, B, C,..Z letters (next to the scroll bar) does not scroll the list of albums if an Artist is selected/highlighted. However dragging the scrollbar is OK.

Genres & Artists are both OK.

iPad (iOS13) exhibits the same issue.

Most noticeable on "classical" composers who have a shed-load of "albums"

Edit: Looks like it doesn't work on 6.4.2 either

In Tag view the alphabits index is every other letter due to vertical space constraints. A C E etc. It won't be possible to go to the B's for example.

Is this your issue or is it something different?

I'm referring to the Library view that has the three columns: Genres, Artists & Albums by Artist. Is that what you call "Tag View"? And, I'm comfortable with the vertical constraints using every second letter - it's a reasonable compromise. 

On my PC each column has a Scroll Bar on the right hand side, and the vertical line of #, A, C, E, G....Z letters just to the left of the Scroll Bar.

With neither Genre Artist or Album selected (highlighted) clicking on one of the letters moves that column's scroll bar down to the appropriate part of the list Genres, Artist, or the first album by the artist whose name begins with the selected letter. 

So, clicking for example M in the genres column, scrolls the genres down to Metal, clicking M in Artists scrolls down to M People, and clicking M in the Albums by Artist column scrolls down to the first album by M People (nice touch this last one).

So far so good.

If I now select and highlight an artist in the Artists column, the Albums by Artists column shows only albums by the selected artist, and I see the first seven albums by the selected artist, in alphabetical order (so in the case of the group Yes, the first seven are 90125  to Going For The One. This is as expected. I can then scroll up down the complete list of albums by the selected artist (about 25 in the case of Yes ) using the mouse wheel or by dragging the scroll bar.

What I cannot do though is click on, say, "T" in the Albums by Artists column and have the list of displayed albums scroll down to Tales from Topographic Oceans (accepting that some folks might say this is actually a good thing Big Grin ).

Hope this now makes more sense.

Cheers
(04-25-2020, 01:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: True. Generally, when our project creates a new moOde release that's based on a new release of Raspbian OS, in this case its 10.3, its an image-only release.

If a dev volunteers to create and support a reliable upgrade process for major Raspbian releases for our project then I'm all ears :-)

-Tim

Please explain how to backup channels data with images also added by the user and restore them in new version.

Tx
(04-26-2020, 05:41 PM)suzywong Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 11:02 AM)suzywong Wrote: I don't know whether anybody has noted this one.

Library View on my Win10 PC. Albums by Artist column. clicking on the #, A, B, C,..Z letters (next to the scroll bar) does not scroll the list of albums if an Artist is selected/highlighted. However dragging the scrollbar is OK.

Genres & Artists are both OK.

iPad (iOS13) exhibits the same issue.

Most noticeable on "classical" composers who have a shed-load of "albums"

Edit: Looks like it doesn't work on 6.4.2 either

In Tag view the alphabits index is every other letter due to vertical space constraints. A C E etc. It won't be possible to go to the B's for example.

Is this your issue or is it something different?

I'm referring to the Library view that has the three columns: Genres, Artists & Albums by Artist. Is that what you call "Tag View"? And, I'm comfortable with the vertical constraints using every second letter - it's a reasonable compromise. 

On my PC each column has a Scroll Bar on the right hand side, and the vertical line of #, A, C, E, G....Z letters just to the left of the Scroll Bar.

With neither Genre Artist or Album selected (highlighted) clicking on one of the letters moves that column's scroll bar down to the appropriate part of the list Genres, Artist, or the first album by the artist whose name begins with the selected letter. 

So, clicking for example M in the genres column, scrolls the genres down to Metal, clicking M in Artists scrolls down to M People, and clicking M in the Albums by Artist column scrolls down to the first album by M People (nice touch this last one).

So far so good.

If I now select and highlight an artist in the Artists column, the Albums by Artists column shows only albums by the selected artist, and I see the first seven albums by the selected artist, in alphabetical order (so in the case of the group Yes, the first seven are 90125  to Going For The One. This is as expected. I can then scroll up down the complete list of albums by the selected artist (about 25 in the case of Yes ) using the mouse wheel or by dragging the scroll bar.

What I cannot do though is click on, say, "T" in the Albums by Artists column and have the list of displayed albums scroll down to Tales from Topographic Oceans (accepting that some folks might say this is actually a good thing Big Grin ).

Hope this now makes more sense.

Cheers

There are some smarts in the index search that switches to using artist name if the sort of the albums column is by Artist or by Artist/Year.

I suppose I should give this some thought and maybe just always search by album name ??
Enjoy the Music!