Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.0 support thread
For checking MPD's log:

Code:
sudo cat /var/log/mpd/log
(04-25-2020, 07:32 PM)TookaFace Wrote: For checking MPD's log:

Code:
sudo cat /var/log/mpd/log

I have no idea what you're talking about. If the MPD log is so useful for tracking down bugs, then perhaps it should be made easier to access for end users such as myself. Until it is, I'll just go back to Moode 6.2.0, which works for me in a critical matter that the versions after that do not, including the latest 6.5.0.
(04-25-2020, 07:16 PM)Dradder Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:17 PM)Dradder Wrote: Downloaded, installed, got running -- doesn't work for me. When I try to regenerate database of my attached USB drives, it runs for a while, then throws a "MPD Error" message and quits. I realize there's been some mention that Moode isn't really designed for use with large music collections, but my 6.2.0 installation works perfectly with mine; granted, it does take a while to index all the files, but it does do it eventually, with no hangups or stalls. None of the Moode upgrades since 6.2.0 work correctly in this regard, so I'll just keep running 6.2.0, since I really do love this program, and I appreciate all your hard work on it. Thanks!

Prolly a bug in MPD.

Post the error message(s) from MPD log and I'll b happy to investigate.

Here's a screen shot of the error message that pops up when the progress spinner stops, and Moode 6.5.0 stops regenerating the database of my external USB drives:

Attachment

That error message suggests that MPD may have crashed during DB update.

To begin troubleshooting:

1. Reboot
2. Open an SSH terminal
3. tail -f /var/log/mpd/log
4. Menu, Configure, Library, Regenerate MPD database
NOTE: Stay on the Library screen until spinner clears

Check status of MPD
1. pgrep mpd
This will return a number of MPD is running. If MPD has crashed it returns nothing
2. Note the last song in the MPD log.

I'm curious, how many tracks in the collection?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
When i click on volume/time knob or the area around knobs/playback buttons the display move just a bit to the right and goes back to normal.

i've made a video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TkEfbw...e8fWMZzkLf

It happen on Firefox/Chrome/Edge on Win10.
Hi -enjoying exploring 6.5.   I'm using an RPi 0W -- under the Renderers config section, there's nothing for Spotify anymore - is this no longer an option with the 0W ?
(04-25-2020, 05:59 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @suzywong

Same behavior in Firefox on my Linux laptop; in Firefox and Microsoft Edge on my SO's Win10 laptop.

Buqqer, there goes excuse #1........looks like I’ll be mowing the lawns!
(04-25-2020, 07:55 PM)TookaFace Wrote: When i click on volume/time knob or the area around knobs/playback buttons the display move just a bit to the right and goes back to normal.

i've made a video:

I'm not able to repro using Chrome or Safari on Mac.

Is there a setting in Windows that enables overlay scrollbars? You might try that in case its some sort of strangeness related to the presence of always-on scrollbars in Windows.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I think there is something wrong with formatting of Track Info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-25-2020, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: We think our WebUI is light years ahead, fast and really easy to use. It's not cluttered with unnecessary buttons, visual cues and first-use stuff. As I mentioned in the announcement post, read Quick Help which clearly explains how to navigate the UI.

Developing and maintaining in-place moOde updates across major Raspbian releases requires funding and resources that our small project does not have.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree: the UI is not intuitive, indeed it is really clunky and full of inconsistencies. This is an obvious fact, that I shall document below. It may be ahead of volumio, but only because volumio's UI is an unmitigable disaster. Fast? One should be able to navigate the UI easily, and many changes during the last releases have gradually reduced both intuitiveness and speed.

Unnecessary buttons, do you want an example? You select "configure" from the menu (without a visual clue that it is a menu) and you end up in the pane with configuration settings and you get the various choices: Library, Audio, Network, System, etc... This is unnecessary: you can just go to one of the four main options and then you change with the pane. Why the extra step? It just slows down the access to configuration – introducing a modal step, which in UI design should be avoided unless strictly necessary.

More unnecessary steps: once you are in the Library view, to change to folder/cover, and even to do search, one has to use the Library menu, and select. This is basically one step too many for very simple operations. Even to perform search!

Inconsistency 1: The "Library" menu has a visual clue that it is a drop down (the down arrow point), whereas the main menu does not have it.

Inconsistency 2: the configuration has panes to select the various configuration areas. But the library view has that ***** menu.

Inconsistency 3: to search in folder view, I just have to type in the "search" field. To search  the Tag view, I have to use the menu.

And these are the things I noticed after just a few minutes.

For the first time in a few years I think I should start considering alternatives. The UI seems to have been designed with the intent of making moOde difficult to use.

Note: I am not trolling, I provided arguments above. But after watching with horror what has happened with version 6 and later, 6.5 is probably the last straw. I am ready to engage ("pro bono", so to speak) to discuss more things privately. Another proof: until recently I was still ready to use the 6.0-6.4 UI, but now I had to install cantata on my computer to browse the folder hierarchy. I know users that only use the folder hierarchy, and their UX is destroyed by the last choices.

Ban me if you want, but I am ready to help. One should not have to read the "quick start" guide to know that tapping on the cover art brings to library view. Can you provide an explanation how this makes sense at all?
(04-25-2020, 08:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 07:55 PM)TookaFace Wrote: When i click on volume/time knob or the area around knobs/playback buttons the display move just a bit to the right and goes back to normal.

i've made a video:

I'm not able to repro using Chrome or Safari on Mac.

Is there a setting in Windows that enables overlay scrollbars? You might try that in case its some sort of strangeness related to the presence of always-on scrollbars in Windows.

I have no idea for overlay scrollbar, it seems the option is no more available on Chrome, it's maybe related to my screen, i have a 14 inch ultraportable at the moment (1920X1080), i will try to test on other computer see if i can repro.