Thank you for your donation!

Please bring back the navigation bar at top 6.5
Just had a go with 6.5, is there anyway to bring back the navigation bar back to the top of the page? Took me a google search to figure out to get back I had to click the album image to get back! Before you could just click the button in the bar to go where you want (as you still can in the settings menus)
I just realised (after using my other 6.4 install) it isn't the navigation bar that I miss in this instance, it is the little 'bar' at the top that you used to click to go back Smile
Menu, Quick help explains how to nav the UI.
(04-26-2020, 01:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Quick help explains how to nav the UI.

To be honest I hadn't even noticed there was a quick help lol In 6.4.x it didn't need to be explained. When in the library view there was the little bar on the top of the Playbar and when you clicked on it it "raised" the Playpanel. At the top of the Playpanel was the same little bar so logic said that clicking on that would "lower" it back to the Playbar.

The new method, once known about, does make it easier and quicker to switch on a touch panel (especially the 7" Pi LCD as it was a small area to hit). I'd say it isn't quite as logical or immediately obvious (I'd have thought clicking on the album art would bring up options about that album - find more tracks on that artist, add to playlist etc).

Take on in the library view, the Library link in the top left has a small down arrow which immediately says "If you click me I will drop down with some options!" yet the M in the top right has lost that marker. Having used previous versions I am aware that it is a dropdown menu but it doesn't tell you that visually.

It's the same with that little bar, being at the top of the Playbar suggested that it would 'pull up' like a handle on a roller shutter and the reverse was true of it in the Playpanel. They didn't need explaining. They were great simple little visual cues of the function they perform, it suggests they are the same panel just one is partly hidden.

Please don't take offence of my observations, I do not mean to cause any. I just wanted to expand on my original (well technically second!) post with my thought process' behind why I asked Smile
We listen to all constructive criticism :-)

I suppose our crew is so used to moOde that we tend toward OCD levels of de-cluttering the UI, lol. I'll have to ask @swizzle what happened to the red caret next to the m ;-)
(04-26-2020, 01:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Quick help explains how to nav the UI.

I thought that there was something I did wrong and reinstalled 4 times last night and once more this morning...
The transition from playlist and back to the catalogue is not intuitive IMO.
Needless to say I won't forget this trick!
Personally I much prefer the new design, you have a much bigger area to tap to return back to browser mode that you don't need to think about it at all, instead of having to aim for a smaller on-screen element previously.
Also the headings at the top are much clearer to show where you are and the current sorting, great. I'll counter and ask to please don't consider changing it back.
No plans to revert the Library, the new design and feature set is a vast improvement over the previous design and it gives us the ability to more easily add new Lib features :-)

-Tim
(04-27-2020, 10:18 PM)Drewt Wrote: The transition from playlist and back to the catalogue is not intuitive IMO.

I think, on a phone in portrait it actually makes a lot of sense, it is only in the landscape mode it seems a little odd, but still not a great deal of a thing to get used to.
(04-28-2020, 09:48 AM)vinnn Wrote: Personally I much prefer the new design, you have a much bigger area to tap to return back to browser mode that you don't need to think about it at all, instead of having to aim for a smaller on-screen element previously.
Also the headings at the top are much clearer to show where you are and the current sorting, great. I'll counter and ask to please don't consider changing it back.

The headings was not what I was thinking of when I wrote the initial post, I actually meant the bar as in my second post Smile

6.4 actually seemed to allow you to jump back by clicking on the album art (at least it did when I click it while I had it and a second machine I was upgrading), so the functionality has always been there? I think the issue is that the current method isn't intuitive, there is no visual clue that clicking on the album art will take you back. There is no indication that clicking on the album art will do anything. Even having the small bar at the top of the album art would give an indication that you can press there to do something.

I am all for the new method now that I understand I can do it. But coming to it fresh I had no immediate idea on how to get back and yes I know it is in the quick help now, but to be honest I shouldn't have to consult a help guide just to be able to go back to where I was. It (the album art) doesn't give any idea that it is an interactive element. Heck there is still the space at the top of the panel, there could be an invisible element that duplicates the same feature or an option in the Appearance menu to turn it on or off. Or a one time pop-up that appears when you first go into the Playback Panel advising that you need to click on the art to go back to the library view.

I'm just trying to play devils advocate and see it from the perspective of a new user or an upgrader like I was Big Grin