Thank you for your donation!

Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread
(04-28-2020, 08:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, moOde has no guarantees at all, none!, but our dysfunctional crew of hackers try to make some decent software to play music and help where we can :-)

Okay, so in this modern world of limited liability statements associated with everything from a coffee stir-stick ("you could put your eye out...") to an airplane, maybe my choice of words was unfortunate, but honestly, how many products do you have which get this kind of personalized attention from the developer himself to make it work?

Regards,
Kent
(04-28-2020, 03:55 PM)jirka28 Wrote: On my old iPad2 with iOS 9.3.5  :-(

Yeah, I get this one as well. Legacy issue, methinks. Similar issue occurred in one of the previous updates - V5xx to V6 perhaps? -, and Swizzle managed to fix it.

Maybe it’s finally time to put the old iPad 2 out to pasture. Although I can still use it in Fallout 4 Smile
(04-28-2020, 08:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @frobalo for sure as Kent suggested just run your issue by @adrii

I ´ll message @adrii.

Tks for your attention
Hi All,

my new 6.5.1 installation stops scanning the music library on my NAS. Reading moodeutl -l shows before stopping to scan.

Code:
20200429 094141 thmcache: Scanning: NAS, SDCARD, UPNP
20200429 103935 thmcache: mp3: /PathtoNAS/music.mp3
20200429 103935 thmcache: mp3: Zend media exception: File does not contain ID3v2 tag

The scanning does loop then until mpd is restarting. Can not remember having that problem running 6.4.2.

As i have some older mp3-files without proper tags it would be nice to find a solution without tagging them.

Any ideas here?

All the Best
maartin
The thumbnail generator (thmcache) simply logs any exceptions it encounters and then resumes scanning the directory structure for album covers.

When you say "stops scanning the music library" do you mean you are not seeing all the album cover images or do you mean some of your albums are not indexed by MPD and do not show up in any of the Library views?
(04-28-2020, 08:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, moOde has no guarantees at all, none!, but our dysfunctional crew of hackers try to make some decent software to play music and help where we can :-)

Normal world:
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

MoOde users:
"Tiiiiiiiiiiiim!!! Why doesn't mo0de work after I modified this config file and installed this random hack?"

Smile
(04-29-2020, 11:14 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The thumbnail generator (thmcache) simply logs any exceptions it encounters and then resumes scanning the directory structure for album covers.

When you say "stops scanning the music library" do you mean you are not seeing all the album cover images or do you mean some of your albums are not indexed by MPD and do not show up in any of the Library views?

I tried to express that the scanning stops at some point. I had the scan running several times but there are only a few songs in the library. I think it is looping, until i stop it.

I am going to repeat the scanning. Where do i find the log that you might want to see?

AtB

maartin
The thumbnail generator logs exceptions in the Moode log
moodeutl -l

MPD logs database update progress in /var/log/mpd/log
During the first installation I put my card ES9023 DAC TCXO on the driver -> "rpi-dac".
After a reboot the driver HIFIBerry DAC + is displayed ...
After reboot he always jumps to hifiberry dac + .....
Why?

Moode 6.5.1
Raspberry 3 B+
ES9023 DAC TCXO

Thank you for your support

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-29-2020, 12:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The thumbnail generator logs exceptions in the Moode log
moodeutl -l

MPD logs database update progress in /var/log/mpd/log
MPD log shows nothing unusual, no errors

Apr 29 09:34 : update: added NAS/PATH/music.flac
Apr 29 09:41 : update: removing NAS/PATH/music.flac
Apr 29 13:53 : player: played "NAS/PATH/music.flac"

mmmhh??? whereelse can i look for logs?

AtB
maartin