Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread
(04-28-2020, 08:12 AM)fritschomat Wrote: hello, it's a pity that "auto-shuffle" still doesn't work after a restart, i miss the feature a lot.

As mentioned in a previous post i start the RPi 4 with auto-play and auto-shuffle and just want to seamlessly listen to music from my collection.
Currently i start auto-shuffle manually.

Unfortunately in v6.5.1 i also notice that the music just stops after a certain time and the playlist is empty.
In my test today the music stopped after 8 songs.
cat /var/log/mpd/log only lists the last played songs, no other message.

I already had this behavior in v6.4.1, but in v6.4.2 the music ran for hours without stopping.

if you need a certain log for the analysis i need an instruction which logs exactly.

I agree that automatically starting auto-shuffle after reboot is a useful feature but it was disabled for a reason and I can't quite recall why. There is nothing in my notes and so I was planning on investigating it but getting the 6.5.1 bug fix release and in-place update out quickly became the new priority.

I don't recall reports of auto-shuffle generally failing in 6.4 series. It has a memory constraint though and could possibly crash if it has to randomize a huge number of tracks.

When you experience the issue check to see whether the ashuffle process is still running.

Code:
pgrep ashuffle
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 6.5.1 support thread - by Tim Curtis - 04-28-2020, 10:50 AM